I Trip Through Your Wires Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like Trip. Fun song to sing along with. Way underrated.

You only dont like it coz he doesnt scream in "high C" anywhere in the song:wink:

:lmao: Humor! :)

The song is so flat, the live vesions is even more boring. The might have gotten better if they had played it on LT tour, because Bono voice on JT tour wasnt the most intressting.

I love this song as well. It's a somewhat unusual song for U2 I think, but along with In God's Country it shows U2's desire to make more songs in that amercian style that ended up more at home in R&H. I love the drums, the chorus, the harmonica and the awesome guitar solo on this song. Very passionate vocals that I think Bono could still pull it off nowdays I think. Very fun song overall, I never undestood why people disliked it so much. Oh and you gotta love those beautiful vocal harmonies from Edge. What a beautiful voice he has.

:lmao: Humor! :)

The song is so flat, the live vesions is even more boring. The might have gotten better if they had played it on LT tour, because Bono voice on JT tour wasnt the most intressting.

but Peter, do you love any U2 songs in which Bono doesn't have an incredible vocal moment like the "I"m wide awake" part of Bad?? Cause when I read your comment I immediately thought that you probably find it "so flat" just because Bono doesn't hit a high C, or do something amazing...there is more to the music than just "I'm wide awake" moments! :wink:

but Peter, do you love any U2 songs in which Bono doesn't have an incredible vocal moment like the "I"m wide awake" part of Bad?? Cause when I read your comment I immediately thought that you probably find it "so flat" just because Bono doesn't hit a high C, or do something amazing...there is more to the music than just "I'm wide awake" moments! :wink:

Ofcoure I like songs without high notes :) But JT tour is one the tours I listen to least. I think the live versions where a bit booring compare to the same songs on LT tour. But Bono's voice is also important to me, he is a big part of the sound and on JT tour his voice was a bit booring compare to UF, COH and LT tour where is voice was much better in my opinion.

Ofcoure I like songs without high notes :) But JT tour is one the tours I listen to least. I think the live versions where a bit booring compare to the same songs on LT tour. But Bono's voice is also important to me, he is a big part of the sound and on JT tour his voice was a bit booring compare to UF, COH and LT tour where is voice was much better in my opinion.

Yeah I agree, in terms of hitting high notes and the quality of the singing, I think UF, COH and LT tour are superior to the JT tour. But JT tour featured a lot of angry, intense screams from Bono, and some people prefer that, even though he did that many times cause he couldn't hit the notes...sometimes it was very effective, but I think it eventually became too frequent and the overall vocal suffered :)

Yeah I agree, in terms of hitting high notes and the quality of the singing, I think UF, COH and LT tour are superior to the JT tour. But JT tour featured a lot of angry, intense screams from Bono, and some people prefer that, even though he did that many times cause he couldn't hit the notes...sometimes it was very effective, but I think it eventually became too frequent and the overall vocal suffered :)

I understand what you mean, but I also like the energic screams to. But the screams on UF, COH and LT tour was better. On JT he overscreamed alot, just look at the JT dublin version of Bad on youtube, he just overscreams and strains the voice to the max in the Wide Awake part. It is a difference between oversreaming and screaming.

I understand what you mean, but I also like the energic screams to. But the screams on UF, COH and LT tour was better. On JT he overscreamed alot, just look at the JT dublin version of Bad on youtube, he just overscreams and strains the voice to the max in the Wide Awake part. It is a difference between oversreaming and screaming.

:hmm:

Yes...good points, I agree :)

it's not my favourite song of Joshua Tree but I usually enjoy listening to it
from the solo up to the end is pretty great even
never really understood why for instance In God's Country is about 1,467,381 times more popular over here

Think about it this way:

A sanctimonious Irish post-punk band performing a drunken barroom blues country-rock song while one of them wails away on a harmonica and screams "Yee-haaaa!" repeatedly.

Trip Through Your Wires is worth listening to on sheer novelty value alone! :hyper:

Back
Top Bottom