I need help with the "Dream it all up again speech"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

snutes1

Acrobat
Hello, I haven't been here awhile since I'm addicted to another u2 site. But I'm coming here to get help regarding U2's "Dream it all up again speech" at the beginning of Love Rescue Me. I have a boot from 12-27-89 in which Bono says this. However, everyone says that this speech occurred on 12-30-89. But the boot I have from 12-30-89, Bono doesn't say the speech. I know Axver is the set list master, but if he or anyone else can help me, I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

The labels on your boots might be mixed up... The 'dream it all up again" speech is definitely from the 30th. I don't recall if Bono said anything in a similar vein on the 27th...I haven't listened to that one in a while.

Anyway, to make sure they're the right dates, check with the setlists here:

http://www.u2setlists.com/lovetown-europe.shtml

(with a nod to Axver on this one..:wink: )

Not sure if the text would be helpful or not but anyway here it is:
atU2.com archives, December 30, 1989

While playing the third of four year-end shows at Dublin's Point Depot, Bono delivers the now-famous "Dream it all up again" speech during the beginning of "Love Rescue Me":

"We've had a lot of fun over the last few months, just getting to know some of the music which we didn't know so much about -- and still don't know very much about, but it was fun! (pause) Anyway, thanks for coming along. It wouldn't have been the same without you. (applause) Some people have traveled a long way to come here tonight. (applause) This -- I was explaining to people the other night, but I might've got it a bit wrong -- this is just the end of something for U2. And that's what we're playing these concerts -- and we're throwing a party for ourselves and you. It's no big deal, it's just -- we have to go away and ... and dream it all up again."

My Love Rescue Me from the 27th (including the speech) fades into the encore and fades in again with "Two Hearts Beat as one" which was definately played on the 27th. There is no change in quality or volume which makes me assume its from the same show. I am really confused.

snutes1 said:
My Love Rescue Me from the 27th (including the speech) fades into the encore and fades in again with "Two Hearts Beat as one" which was definately played on the 27th. There is no change in quality or volume which makes me assume its from the same show. I am really confused.

Hmm...that is weird. All the Point Depot shows were soundboard, which might explain why the quality doesn't change. I dunno. :shrug:

Note: Along these lines... even though Bono made this speech or statement, and most think that U2 went away until the next album, it wasn't the end of the tour. They played a few more dates in Europe that January as makeup dates. At least according to the U2 Encyclopedia.

Kind of amuses me how Bono always says he made this speech at the New Years Eve concert when it went out on radio to over 300 million homes. I guess it makes it sound more dramatic.

the speech was indeed made on the 27th i belive
KUEFC09U2

Yes please, I need support on this. U2 tours.com says that the speech was made on the 30th. I'll upload the whole show to prove it if I have to.

The speech was made on the 27th!!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom