I know its early

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

heupel14

Babyface
But has depression set in yet that we may know it will be another 4 or 5 years before we get this exited again about a new albulm. i can only hope that Bono gets musically spontaneous again and maybe we get a new albulm in 2 years.

No way -- I'm just enjoying the ride! I'm grateful for all this great new music, and really looking forward to the tour. Plus, there's so much other great music out there by other artists that I never get bored or feel that I'm lacking for something to listen to.

heupel14 said:
But has depression set in yet that we may know it will be another 4 or 5 years before we get this exited again about a new albulm. i can only hope that Bono gets musically spontaneous again and maybe we get a new albulm in 2 years.

i think they are on a creative wave right now, as with Acthung...as a result they went in the studio when they were on tour in order to put an EP out but it went on to be a full scale album...i think the same will happen, i think they're eager to let out some juice now...he's to optimism!!

I reckon we might get sumfin in 2006.

They cant split up the 2 albums with a 'best of' this time.

If the new album is as good as everyone says it is (I'm going to listen for the first time in about 6 hours), they can retire this year and I'll be perfectly happy. They've given us a quarter decade of GREAT music and they deserve to go out strong. But more albums wouldn't hurt. :wink:

i dont care, im all about this album, all the new news, all the new publicity things their doing....all this excitement for the rest of 2004, the 2005 they will tour, thats when it gets better.

I haven't been blown away by the album in any way (in fact, a lot of it is now boring me a good deal, at times), so I'm feeling a little apprehensive about possibly having to wait another 3-5 years for a full album's worth of new material. I would absolutely LOVE to have an adventurous EP--->LP not unlike Zooropa come out, but I long ago learned to stop hoping for such things from U2. Remember when the Elevation Tour was winding down and they said they'd be in the studio to finish up all kinds of great, new ideas that they'd developed on tour? Didn't quite happen, did it?

Since I don't love this album, I do feel unhappy about POSSIBLY needing to wait a long time before I have the chance to be unequivocally happy with a U2 album for the first time since '97.

Well, they did discard quite a few rock songs for HTDAAB, and I figure a lot of work must have went into those songs ( a year's worth) so they could use those, if they are basically finished songs and release a quick follow-up.

I can't believe that it took them 4 years to make HTDAAB. It's not so special. Look at SYCMOYO (watching the DVD you can tell it was really put together in a short time, especially that Bee Gees chorus), Crumbs - an uninteresting song with lazy chorus and sounds like Walk On II but not as good. AMAAW - i really dislike that one, It's like Sting walked through the studio this time... :wink:
OOTS - I heard many good critics about it here, but I just can't see anything so good in it. :reject:

So, yes - i look forward to some new record very soon. Sth experimental, and by that (thinking of U2), I include "real" (classic) rock'n'roll. Not Vertigo.

um excuse me: on the dvd they said it took them three years to finally come up with the final version of Sometimes You Can't Make it on your Own.

Back
Top Bottom