I found this really funny... - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-27-2002, 07:12 AM   #1
The Fly
 
Rainbow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 202
Local Time: 08:16 PM
I found this really funny...

__________________

Rainbow is offline  
Old 03-27-2002, 07:29 AM   #2
New Yorker
 
EPandAmerica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,633
Local Time: 03:16 PM
BWAAAHHH

It might not be a bad idea.
__________________

EPandAmerica is offline  
Old 03-27-2002, 08:13 AM   #3
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
80sU2isBest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Posts: 4,970
Local Time: 03:16 PM
That IS funny!!
80sU2isBest is offline  
Old 03-27-2002, 08:43 AM   #4
Blue Crack Distributor
 
tiny dancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: small town Pennsylvania, USA
Posts: 94,418
Local Time: 08:16 PM
Just what I needed to start my day off!
tiny dancer is offline  
Old 03-27-2002, 08:55 AM   #5
*Stormy*
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Local Time: 08:16 PM
We already have a thread of it here on this page!
http://forum.interference.com/u2feed...ML/018677.html

Elvis can I be a mod?

------------------
 
Old 03-27-2002, 09:08 AM   #6
Blue Crack Distributor
 
LarryMullen's POPAngel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: I'll be up with the sun, I'm not coming down...
Posts: 53,698
Local Time: 03:16 PM
Stormy...

eh, nevermind.

LarryMullen's POPAngel is offline  
Old 03-27-2002, 09:23 AM   #7
*Stormy*
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Local Time: 08:16 PM
Oh, I know he doesn't like me, but I'd be a good one, I spend WAY too much time here, I could police the topics like this, closing extra ones, and Heaven knows I can tell what starts a fight and police volatile threads too! I really am just the type of person he needs, I'm only sorry I annoyed him and gave him a bad impression of me
 
Old 03-27-2002, 09:28 AM   #8
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator
 
Bonochick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Cherry Lane
Posts: 40,819
Local Time: 04:16 PM
Stormy~

You always act like everybody is against you. I think April just thought that your comment was kind of rude (I did too). When a thread is repeated, I will usually post a link and just a happy smiley to "gently" inform them that this item/topic has already been started so that they can contribute to it. The smiley you used was just kind of rude. Not everybody reads every single thread.

------------------
"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."
Bonochick is offline  
Old 03-27-2002, 09:30 AM   #9
Blue Crack Distributor
 
LarryMullen's POPAngel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: I'll be up with the sun, I'm not coming down...
Posts: 53,698
Local Time: 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Bonochick:
Stormy~

You always act like everybody is against you. I think April just thought that your comment was kind of rude (I did too). When a thread is repeated, I will usually post a link and just a happy smiley to "gently" inform them that this item/topic has already been started so that they can contribute to it. The smiley you used was just kind of rude. Not everybody reads every single thread.

Thanks, Kat.

Stormy, you might want to think about chilling out a bit, ok? Just a suggestion.
LarryMullen's POPAngel is offline  
Old 03-27-2002, 09:38 AM   #10
*Stormy*
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Local Time: 08:16 PM
They may not read every single thread, but they do get locked up when they're duplicates, even if the title of the original was far less obvious than "Bono cartoon" Oh well, sorry, but a mod would've locked it.
 
Old 03-27-2002, 09:42 AM   #11
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator
 
Bonochick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Cherry Lane
Posts: 40,819
Local Time: 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by *Stormy*:
They may not read every single thread, but they do get locked up when they're duplicates, even if the title of the original was far less obvious than "Bono cartoon" Oh well, sorry, but a mod would've locked it.
Mods can't be here 24/7. Rumor has it, they have lives.

Yeah, if you were a mod, you could have closed it. But even if you were...you wouldn't always be here to catch duplicate threads either.

------------------
"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."
Bonochick is offline  
Old 03-27-2002, 09:44 AM   #12
*Stormy*
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Local Time: 08:16 PM
I know they can't always be here and that's why we need more mods and he's asking for some! Why not someone like me who DOESN'T have a life and can just waste away here?
 
Old 03-27-2002, 09:49 AM   #13
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator
 
Bonochick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Cherry Lane
Posts: 40,819
Local Time: 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by *Stormy*:
I know they can't always be here and that's why we need more mods and he's asking for some! Why not someone like me who DOESN'T have a life and can just waste away here?
Or somebody like me who has a life but wastes time here anyway???

*quickly posts and exits before instructor catches her not working*


------------------
"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."
Bonochick is offline  
Old 03-27-2002, 10:00 AM   #14
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
elevatedmole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: On a backwards river
Posts: 3,546
Local Time: 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by *Stormy*:
We already have a thread of it here on this page!
http://forum.interference.com/u2feed...ML/018677.html

Elvis can I be a mod?

In Inside Broadcast's "Looking for new Moderators" thread, it clearly states they want "good standing members." And that gives me the impression that no one that has a bad/Macphisto status will have any kind of chance.

------------------
"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988
elevatedmole is offline  
Old 03-27-2002, 10:04 AM   #15
The Fly
 
Rainbow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 202
Local Time: 08:16 PM
I'm sorry, I didn't know there was already a thread about this...
It's just that I'm from Israel, so I thought no one else would've posted something like this...
My fault, I just don't read all the threads - sorry!
Rainbow is offline  
Old 03-27-2002, 10:20 AM   #16
*Stormy*
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Local Time: 08:16 PM
(((HUGS))) Rainbow. Don't feel bad, I'm sorry, this happens all the time, that's why I was using it as a chance to show what a good mod I could be, oh well, they don't want me.

Yes, everyone here posts political stuff, Bono's politics is well known and discussed and yes it was funny! Was it in your papers in Israel? Well you take care over there, I've heard a lot of violence is going on. Stay safe tonight.
 
Old 03-27-2002, 10:20 AM   #17
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator
 
Bonochick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Cherry Lane
Posts: 40,819
Local Time: 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Rainbow:
I'm sorry, I didn't know there was already a thread about this...
It's just that I'm from Israel, so I thought no one else would've posted something like this...
My fault, I just don't read all the threads - sorry!
Don't worry about it, Rainbow! It happens to the best of us!


------------------
"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."
Bonochick is offline  
Old 03-27-2002, 10:45 AM   #18
The Fly
 
Rainbow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 202
Local Time: 08:16 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by *Stormy*:
Yes, everyone here posts political stuff, Bono's politics is well known and discussed and yes it was funny! Was it in your papers in Israel? Well you take care over there, I've heard a lot of violence is going on. Stay safe tonight.
It wasn't in a paper, I found it on the internet.
It reminded me of a culomn I read a while ago in a paper here, and the culomnist wrote that maybe we need someone like Bono to support our goals, since he's really affective when supporting the goals he believes in. I mean - people really listen to him.

Quote:
Originally posted by Bonochick:
Don't worry about it, Rainbow! It happens to the best of us!


Thanks Bonochick, that was really sweet

Rainbow is offline  
Old 03-27-2002, 12:27 PM   #19
you are what you is
 
Salome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 22,042
Local Time: 09:16 PM
excellent thread

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it
__________________

Salome is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×