I can't believe MTV disrespected the Ramones!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

curehp

The Fly
How can they cut them off like that!?! They didn't even let them say a word. They have one of the most legendary bands of all time on stage and they don't even let them speak. They cut right away to the next award so they can let that loser from limp bizkit(not fred durst, the other loser) make an ass of himself on stage by singing. I say we let MTV know how disguisting that was. I know they had technical problems, that stuff happens, bono dealt with it beautifully as always, but they had no reason to cut off The Ramones that way.

mad.gif
I know! I was like WTF!!! Have some damn respect! =/ I dunno that was just wrong!! Its like the whole Sinatra not finishing his speech thing!
mad.gif

DAMN MTV!

------------------
~*Everybody's talkin' about POP Musik!*~

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica* .???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

Bono seemed pissed on the post-show thing. And as soon as he really started talking, they cut him short... DAMMIT

------------------
If I had a head like yours I'd bleedin' bury it.

This is.. uh... we don't play this tune... gonna be f*cked up!

Originally posted by UnforgettableLemon:
Bono seemed pissed on the post-show thing. And as soon as he really started talking, they cut him short... DAMMIT

mad.gif
I just saw that!

------------------
~*Everybody's talkin' about POP Musik!*~

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica* .???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

Originally posted by curehp:
They cut right away to the next award so they can let that loser from limp bizkit(not fred durst, the other loser) make an ass of himself on stage by singing.

yeah, I actually felt bad for Fred Durst and the rest of the band because he made them look like idiots, and from some of the articles and quotes I've read recently about Fred Durst, he actually seems like a decent guy, but his band will never get any respect with acts of sheer stupidity like that

I have never seen such disrespect and total bullshit mtv showed tonight.

MTV go to hell
mad.gif

The show SUCKED
Where's the talent?
I felt embarassed for U2 even being there with a bunch of talentless bunch of losers.

Oh well Harry what are we gonna do? I sense your aggravation, but really this is reality now and what MTV has 'deteriorated' to I am sorry to say. The days of Live Aid and Altamont are gone we will collectively have to find new sources for cutting edge music and respect for the pioneers of modern music.

BTW-Who was the "Freak" screaming about Warrant and other trash 80's bands,wearing the Skid Row tee?

One last thought-I knew we were in trouble early on when one of those kiddy bands was prattling on in a prepared speech that 'hip-hop' was around before rap ,before rock ,I saw which way the evening was digressing.

See you in a few weeks Curehp, now work on your bball game. Late-Db9

------------------
"..it's about breaking barriers, transcending boundries and conquering great divides"-Bono 1987

---------
An open letter to Bono from myself www.arizonaautoweb.com/bono/

Back
Top Bottom