How much U2 does your local music store have?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mobvok

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
U2 albums/movies I've found at my Barnes and Noble:

Boy
October
War
Wide Awake in America
The Unforgettable Fire
The Joshua Tree
Rattle and Hum
Achtung Baby
Zooropa
*nothing* :mad:
All That You Can't Leave Behind
How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb
HTDAAB Limited Edition
Best of 1980-1990
Best of 1990-2000

Best of 1990-2000 DVD
Rattle and Hum [Movie]
U2 Live From Boston

How does this selection compare to your local stores? If I go across the street to Target I'm lucky to find Best of 1980-1990 and The Joshua Tree.

Woah! you're stocked up!

i think we have

War
JT
AB
HTDAAB

and maybe a couple of COBL singles -- and that's at a specialty cd store

At target, we have.....
U2 live at slane caste.
and some old SYCMIOYO singles -- they never even got COBL singles there.

Boy
October
War
Wide Awake in America
The Unforgettable Fire
The Joshua Tree
Rattle and Hum
Achtung Baby
Zooropa
Passengers
Pop
All That You Can't Leave Behind
How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb
HTDAAB Limited Edition
Best of 1980-1990 and b-sides
Best of 1990-2000 and b-sides
Best of 1990-2000 DVD
Rattle and Hum [Movie]
U2 Live From Boston
U2 live from Slane
JT Doco
TUF Doco

The problem is that most of the albums range between $18 and $26. I had to pay $26 for JT and AB. :mad:

Local store is shit but tends to have all but one or two of the albums, never saw Passengers though.

In the US, every store I visited in June seemed to have just about everything.

Mine has most... well, some;
War
Under A Blood Red Sky
JT
AB
ATYCLB
HTDAAB
- Actually, that looks a bit pathetic when you look at it, they also have the Slane Castle dvd and another one.... can't remember what it's called....

I find it's better to buy music, dvds etc off www.play.com The stuff is generally cheaper and P&P is free... they have everything.

We only have one music store in our town that's worth a crap. It's independently owned and has both used and new CDs. I think they have most of the U2 albums. They even have singles once in a while, but not very often. Last time I was in there I noticed they had the Electrical Storm DVD single.

Best Buy's got all the albums more often that not. Even Wide Awake In America is thrown in there for good measure. No singles though. The only place I've seen singles is at an actual record store.

And speaking of record stores, that's where I have to go (along with Half-Price Books) to complete the budding vinyl collection (only two more 80's albums left, then on to the 90's)

COBL_04 said:
Does anyone know what songs the All Because of You single has on it? And when is it released in Australia?

I believe its mid november (11th ish...around the time the DVD is supposed to be out)
With all the same tracks as the overseas release.

My Local CD store, depending on which one...i'll go with Leading Edge who have almost all of them
Sanity on the other hand Have ATYCLB, HTDAAB and JT , last time i checked.

The only think I buy from music stores these days are the new single releases, everything else I get via the internet.

Saying that, my local HMV has a pretty good selection, though I've already got everything they have on offer,

About 5 copies of every album (including Passangers), plus a copy or two of limited edition 90-00. All DVD's and singles when they are on the charts...

HTDAAB & R&H on vinyl and they are getting ATYCLB on vinyl in for me (and have been doing since March :mad: ).

I :heart: JBHIFI.

I saw tons of U2 CDs at the music store I shop at...

...in the used bin.

I always feel so offended and saddened by that. :lol:

The Musicworld in the mall is a bit hit or miss. Usually only has Joshua Tree, HTDAAB and ATYCLB. Sometimes Pop as well. I always found that place a tad expensive though.

They recently put in a little HMV as well and they had just about everything. From Boy onwards. :up:

Stores around San Diego are also hit or miss.....in Ocean Beach there is a small used record store on Newport that usually has one or 2 old LPs (unless I buy them out and the owern knows I am always looking!). Others might have a couple copies of a few of their cds....that's it. DVDs, forget it, have to get those on the internet.

My local music store is in the city centre, it has everything, then there;'s one on the Liffey that sells U2 concert boots for 30 euro,and sells cd's with mercy on them

When I get a new U2 cd, I usually head to Best Buy, mainly because I know they will have it and it is almost always the best price. I can go to the mall and shop there but they always cost at least 5 or 6 dollars more there. Best Buy pretty much has their entire catalog, although it is hit or miss with Passengers and the U2 dvd's.

But in my opinion, sometimes that is half the fun, looking for the hard-to-find items. I finally found Passengers at Virgin Megastore and was happy about that, because I had been looking for it for a while. And if I can't find it in the store, there is always good ol' Amazon.

Quick anecdote: several years ago I was looking for a copy of a cd by a band called The Rainmakers (from KC, Missouri). I had their first two major label releases on album but didn't get the third, then they went out of print. So I was always looking for it (called The Good News and The Bad News), and eventually found it at a record store just by pure luck. It was not even in the "R" section, and I was flipping through another artist's section when, boom-cha, there it is. I immediately grabbed it, took it to the register, then discovered that it was on sale for half-price. I felt like I had just won the lottery: I saved some money, and all the looking finally paid off! So if you are searching for U2 stuff, keep on plugging, because you'll have a great sense of accomplishment when you find what you're looking for.

Fye has...or at least had at some point:

Boy
October
War
Under A Blood Red Sky
UF
Wide Awake In America
Joshua Tree
Rattle And Hum
Achtung Baby
Zooropa
Pop
Both Best Ofs including B-Sides
ATYCLB
HTDAAB
I've seen an Elevation single there and a jewel case version of Slane.

Great selection, expensive prices. :sad:

I just remembered one thing I found in the US, in central Tennessee, I walk into this store (I think it was a Best Buy) and walk out with some unofficial disc called More Maximum U2 for next to nothing. Don't have a damn clue what's on it, I haven't even played it yet. But it was going cheap so I picked it up.

Never saw Passengers at any store in central TN but otherwise they seemed seriously stocked up, with every album available including heaps of copies of HTDAAB. I never did check the 'P' section to see if they put Passengers there though.

Back
Top Bottom