How much have you actually acquired legally?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gareth brown

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Just out of curiosity...how many people who say they have every album, are the biggest fans of the planet etc. :)wink:) have actually just downloaded most of their collection for free?

Well all of my u2 cds (and I own all of them) have been acquired legally with my own hard earned money. I'd say that'd be the case for most fans too. Only fans who've just recently got into u2 would be downloading some of their old stuff

I have all the albums, and I bought most of the nineties singles until they stopped making decent B-sides. Now I just download the rarities. No way I'm paying import prices for another damn "Vertigo" remix.

I've bought (legally) all the U2 albums in the past year -- except for ATYCLB which i bought legally in 2000(?).

The only things i've downloaded are some things that its impossible for me to buy, like Mercy and some of the Complete U2 collection which is unavailable to me (as far as i know) because i live in the wrong country, as well as some live tracks that can't be bought legally either, just because they weren't for sale in the first place.
Same goes for my dvd bootlegs. Most of them can't have been bought legally (at least not on DVD), and they were gifts anyway.

So far I've only downloaded concerts and some B-sides from iTunes. The rest has all been bought legally.

i've got all the albums (including the b-sides discs for both best ofs) as well as all the singles from pop onward. so i've legally obtained most of the b-sides, but there are a few i had to download.

typhoon said:
I have all the albums, and I bought most of the nineties singles until they stopped making decent B-sides. Now I just download the rarities. No way I'm paying import prices for another damn "Vertigo" remix.

:up: ditto.

This is rather embarassing

I have most of their video tapes. All of the albums on LP (including best of's), all albums on cd, all the official and un-authorised dvd releases in Australia that I know of. A heap of singles on Vinyl and CD, as well as some DVD singles I picked up when I was in the UK, quite a few framed posters, a heap of tour books going as far back as the War tour and a shitload of dvd and audio bootlegs.

This sounds like overkill but I guess when you have been collecting their stuff since the late 80's getting a little bit at time amounts to quite a bit.

Anything I have that is official was paid for. I would have to up my bootleg count since I found another box recently.

The only stuff I have that I didn't pay for is the burned copies of the Rarities and such that my niece burned for me, and my boots, both cd and dvd. The boots don't count, though. :wink:

Other than those, I've either paid for or received as gifts all the vinyl, videos, cds, dvds and cassette tapes I own.

Some online site in the UK, I can't remember which one. I was just doing google searches until I found a site that had both of them. Seems the 80-90 was the hardest and most expensive one to get. Think I paid around $100 for that one.

I have bought all the cds and copyrighted dvds, downloaded boots, rarities, and bsides. I haven't even bought all the albums yet because all the stores by my house don't have the one album that I need/want. zooropa :mad:

I've bought all the albums, all the recent singles, and am working my way back in acquiring the older singles. I have almost every b-side in lossless quality audio, though.

I prefer hard copies in the first place...so about all of it is legally attained.

Except 2 b-sides, but I tried to find a CD version of the "Pride" single for Boomerang 1 and 2, couldn't find one.

I have downloaded a couple video clips, but I have all their official live videos.

I have (almost) every song U2 ever released and have acquired it legally. The only things missing are a few very hard to find promo tracks (Numb - Perfect Mix anyone?).
Illegally downloading is for wussies. :D

I've got all the albums except the MDH soundtrack and Passengers (which, who can find that anywhere?!), which I downloaded...plus I've got the videos and DVDs (but I only have Elevation Boston on VHS...isnt that sad??). I have some singles, mostly from Pop and ATYCLB. Probably anything else I have is illegal - iTunes rarities, bootlegs, ect. But I don't feel guilty at all as I've given U2 plenty of money as it is and I will buy basically anything that says "U2" on it. I even bought 2 copies of HTDAAB, and I'm betting the majority of Interference did too... I might even buy a third copy sometime just to have all three versions realeased in the US.

typhoon said:

LOL, agree.

Back
Top Bottom