How much have you actually acquired legally?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've bought every album/single I have, with a couple given to me on my birthday. Bootlegs I've always downloaded or had burnt for me/traded with other people etc. I have the B-side discs with the Best Ofs and a few old singles.

Number of 1980's b-sides I've had to get from people at places such as this!
I don't have a good enough job to go and get hard copies of all the old 7"/12" singles...YET. When I discover a cure for the common cold and start raking in the cash, I intend to buy hard copies of as many of the singles from back then as I can just for the whole 'hard copy' argument (because it's much better than just having it on your computer/CD-R) and make up for the b-sides I've downloaded for free! :huh:

All i have of U2 is bought by myself or as a gift, except concert bootlegs and other not officially released material, the only thing i downloaded on purpouse was Vertigo, but i paid for that, wasn'
t an illegal download :)

Currently my officially released collection is about 160 items of different formats, not counting books and bootlegs of course.

but, i've been a fan for over 20 years, so i've had the time to buy everything and 10 years ago downloading wasn't an option yet, so who knows what i would have done if it was 20 years ago, though i must say, eventhough i download lots of other bands, when i play them often and find the albums good enough, i buy their cd's and that's what every1 else should do. :)

_Underscore

I Purchased all albums except OCtober (Not stocked so downloaded, will happily buy if i ever see it though)
Purchased Rattle nd Hum, boston/slane/mexico city/ Zoo TV
The two best ofs:

Hvae downlaoded numerous concerst, wide awake in america, All B-Sides (Except from vertigo-era) except those on the bside disks of the best ofs

I've bought, or received as gifts, all the albums, EPs and most of the tour videos. I've got a handful of singles, but after those and the two best ofs I've downloaded the rest of the b-sides and iTunes 'unreleased' illegally. I justify that by thinking how much I've spent on the band from tour tickets and the above *grins*

I own all of the albums on CD, most on cassette and LP as well. I have all of the singles that I could find, T-shirts, pins, tourbooks, inflatable lemons, U2 cubes, and anything else U2 would allow me to buy.

I have helped them to have good lives!:)

jonnytakeawalk said:
Well all of my u2 cds (and I own all of them) have been acquired legally with my own hard earned money. I'd say that'd be the case for most fans too. Only fans who've just recently got into u2 would be downloading some of their old stuff

You will be very surprised to hear then that I am 15 and I have legally bought ALTYCLB, 80/90 best of, AB, JT, War, Boy and Slane in the past six months with my own money. I plan on getting every single U2 album with my own money (except for UABRS). The only things I have downloaded are The Hands That Built America, Summer Rain, Wake up Dead Man and Out of Control. I downloaded WUDM and OOC because it was only one son g not the enitre album.

Where do people download their songs from? Because I really want to download the b-sides but can't get them from anywhere. Please help.

Bought all the albums, singles and DVD's. If your a fan of U2 which I am then you will want the original release of the album, single or DVD else whats the point of having it. Having said that, I am not as big a fan now as the standard of their music is dropping but I will still buy the albums and singles as its now a collection and it needs to be complete.:wink:

I have bought all the albums on cds and have a lot on vinyl as well. I do have some rare stuff that were sent to me in trade for boots. I've never had to illegally download stuff thanks to cool fellow U2 fans who have sent me alot of stuff as gifts.

I'd say in the last year alone I've spent around $1,000-1,500 in rare older U2 stuff, books, posters, VHS. Some for myself and some for my friends. Its all been hard earned money well spent.

And as for Passengers someone mentioned being hard to find keep your eyes opened. I just scored a brand new copy a few weeks ago at an indie music shop in Seattle, Washington. :hyper: They also had some imports and great selection of vinyl. I wish I had, had more cash to spend.

I've bought all of the albums, E.P's and all of the singles (from 'When Love Comes to Town' to present) on CD. I've also downloaded all of the B-Sides, pre 'When Love Comes to Town' from iTunes and usually buy anything on CD which features U2/a member of U2.

My U2 CD stuff:
DSC02466.jpg

I have, however, downloaded the Rare & Unreleased tracks, the Point Depot concert, the Boston concert featured in 'The Complete U2' from other people (either on this board or others).

Last edited:
beau2ifulday said:
I've bought all of the albums, E.P's and all of the singles (from 'When Love Comes to Town' to present) on CD. I've also downloaded all of the B-Sides, pre 'When Love Comes to Town' from iTunes and usually buy anything on CD which features U2/a member of U2.

My U2 CD stuff:
DSC02466.jpg

I have, however, downloaded the Rare & Unreleased tracks, the Point Depot concert, the Boston concert featured in 'The Complete U2' from other people (either on this board or others).

Impressive. :up:

I've purchased all the albums, including two versions of The Best of 1980-1990 (one with the B-sides and one without)... I only have two singles, though - Electrical Storm and Elevation. I really need to buy more singles. :| And I've been meaning to purchase the plain CD version of HTDAAB (I have the collector's edition) for some time now.

GibsonGirl said:

I've purchased all the albums, including two versions of The Best of 1980-1990 (one with the B-sides and one without)... I only have two singles, though - Electrical Storm and Elevation. I really need to buy more singles. :| And I've been meaning to purchase the plain CD version of HTDAAB (I have the collector's edition) for some time now.

For some time, i've been thinking of offering to ship out the singles (especially since this '3 versions for £6' offer has been available) to people worldwide who want them. I'm going to bite the bullet, and actually try and do it this time around (for those who want the 'All Because of You' singles), so if you would like to get hold of them, i'll probably post something in the All I Want is U2 forum.

Back
Top Bottom