How Amazing Would This Be... - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-04-2008, 09:00 PM   #31
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by 2861U2

and I had no idea it was a U2 song way back then.

Old 02-04-2008, 09:03 PM   #32
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Shawn Bonneau
June 11th Seattle, WA Qwest Field
The problem with that is that it won't be after the 4th of July but before the 1st of September. Which means there's a 90% chance it would rain, instead of only a 40% chance (during the times I mentioned). Instead, they should do two nights at the Gorge Amphitheatre, where the crowd would be double, still outdoor, but WAAAAAAAY better atmosphere.

Old 02-04-2008, 09:12 PM   #33
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 07:03 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoIsMyMuse
Plus, I highly doubt the band will mix stadiums and arenas on the same leg. That would be a logistical nightmare for the crew, unless they plan on hiring two productions managers and two stage managers, and that's just silly.
Would it really be that hard? If they actually designed a stage that had "extra parts", in a manner of speaking, so that it could go into arenas or be extended for stadiums, wouldn't that keep things down logistically? Or, for that matter, they're going to have a stadium setup for Europe anyway, so would it be that hard to bring it to the US for some shows? Hell, they brought Vertigo's down to Oceania for just nine shows at five venues - I don't doubt they could do more stadiums in the US to a lower cost and higher profit.

It's quite clear that some US markets really require U2 to play stadiums to avoid a ridiculous amount of concerts, such as New York and Boston. I think on the next tour, U2 can't just stick to arenas in some parts of North America.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 02-04-2008, 09:43 PM   #34
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by the tourist
The problem with that is that it won't be after the 4th of July but before the 1st of September. Which means there's a 90% chance it would rain, instead of only a 40% chance (during the times I mentioned). Instead, they should do two nights at the Gorge Amphitheatre, where the crowd would be double, still outdoor, but WAAAAAAAY better atmosphere.
Yeah, but then that means I'm driving 3 hours over the mountains and either driving 3 hours back in the middle of the night or camping there.

DO NOT WANT!!!!

Can't we just shack up U2 at Safeco Field, with its retractable roof?
Old 02-04-2008, 10:41 PM   #35
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by corianderstem

Yeah, but then that means I'm driving 3 hours over the mountains and either driving 3 hours back in the middle of the night or camping there.

DO NOT WANT!!!!

Can't we just shack up U2 at Safeco Field, with its retractable roof?
Sound would be horrifyingly shitty. What if U2 did a 3-day deal at the Gorge, though? Worth it? I think so! People would come from all across the Pacific Northwest/BC, etc for that. And I know a good offsite campsite. It would be heaven.
Old 02-04-2008, 10:45 PM   #36
Blue Crack Distributor

I'm not a camping kind of girl.

Honestly, though, U2 would be the one band I'd trek to the Gorge for.
Old 02-05-2008, 03:10 AM   #37
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:03 PM
Morgoth321: I believe McGuiness did say that, and it's interesting he said "autumn", considering they tend to play Europe in the summer.

Bonoismymuse: I think they had a mix of arenas and stadiums on last leg of JT tour and I remember reading somewhere the tour crew said they'd never do that again as it was too stressful.
Old 02-05-2008, 04:04 AM   #38
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by U2girl
Bonoismymuse: I think they had a mix of arenas and stadiums on last leg of JT tour and I remember reading somewhere the tour crew said they'd never do that again as it was too stressful.
All three legs of the JT Tour were a mix of arenas and stadiums, actually.

And they did do it again. On Lovetown's first leg, they did arenas in Australia (though I think Adelaide was outdoors?) and stadiums in New Zealand.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 02-05-2008, 04:23 AM   #39
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:33 AM
Quote:
I know a lot of people think the US gets too many shows, but come on.
We don't just think it, we know it's fact.
Old 02-05-2008, 05:38 AM   #40
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by The Sad Punk
We don't just think it, we know it's fact.
Yeah. I don't care how big it is; one country should not get over half of the shows on any given world tour.

Not even a country as large as China could justify that.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 02-05-2008, 05:45 AM   #41
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:03 PM
I'm okay with two US legs and that many shows IF U2 came back to Europe for a second leg and play as many shows there as well.
Old 02-05-2008, 06:01 AM   #42
Vocal parasite

I'd be OK if they did two US legs and two European legs if they did two legs of everywhere else too.

I'm not sure Paul McGuinness is all too aware anywhere exists beyond North America and Western Europe. Hell, Muse did two legs of Australia in 2007 and they aren't exactly some small, non-notable band with low expenses. If they can do it, I don't see why U2 can't.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 02-05-2008, 06:08 AM   #43
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:03 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver

All three legs of the JT Tour were a mix of arenas and stadiums, actually.

And they did do it again. On Lovetown's first leg, they did arenas in Australia (though I think Adelaide was outdoors?) and stadiums in New Zealand.
Touche.

But Lovetown was obviously a much shorter tour than JT. Did they play Europe and Japan indoors on that tour too ?

I'd be okay with what they did in Popmart: 2 legs for US (less dates though), more Europe and ROW territories.
Old 02-05-2008, 06:34 AM   #44
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by U2girl
But Lovetown was obviously a much shorter tour than JT. Did they play Europe and Japan indoors on that tour too ?
All the European shows were arenas, as were the Osaka shows. The Tokyo gigs were at the Tokyo Dome, the same venue used on ZooTV and Popmart - a roofed stadium.

Quote:
I'd be okay with what they did in Popmart: 2 legs for US (less dates though), more Europe and ROW territories.
I really don't see why two US legs are necessary. Why not combine it into one leg? If they do stadium shows in the biggest markets, one leg really wouldn't end up taking that long.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 02-05-2008, 06:35 AM   #45
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:33 AM
U2 haven't even played Iran yet. What's up with that?