Grace vs Peace On Earth

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Grace is a great closer of the mediocre ATYCLB. dOn't take the lyrics of the son too serious...its kinda :sexywink::sexywink::sexywink::sexywink::sexywink:

jacobus said:
Grace is a great closer of the mediocre ATYCLB. dOn't take the lyrics of the son too serious...its kinda :sexywink::sexywink::sexywink::sexywink::sexywink:

Actually, Grace has great meaning! And, ATYCLB being "mediocre" is just your opinion, and not a very good one at that, IMHO.:lol:

U2Traveller wrote:
Actually, Grace has great meaning! And, ATYCLB being "mediocre" is just your opinion, and not a very good one at that, IMHO.
yes you're right its just an opinion...opinions are like assholes and everybody has one:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

i think Grace is better, but that's me. I like both of the songs. I have cried to both of the songs, they really resonate with, me both of them. I suppose it's the topics of the lyrics. Some of the lines may come off as cheesy, but sometimes they seem to express the idea like no other:
"Sean and Julia, Gareth, Ann, and Breda
Their lives are bigger than any big idea"
ok, now i've tears in my eyes...the song became especially touching to me when i learned about the people in this song and what really happened to them. I think one reason the song resonates with me is that i have lived in a country that's recently had a civil war, tribal conflicts, etc. (Dem. Repub. of Congo) so the lines "Where I grew up/There weren't many trees/Where there was we'd tear them down/and use them on our enemies" really hit home for me, even though i know he wasnt talking about Congo.
"Grace" is beautiful. Maybe not as eloquent as "Amazing Grace" or maybe more so, i dont know. But i did cry once when this song played on my CD player. Why? It's kind of personal. "Because grace makes beauty out of ugly things" was kind of what really set it off. and "She travels outside of karma" seemed to say so well what grace means to me.
there are other lines that really seem to hit the nail on the head, but this post is getting kind of long...

Grace, at the right moment, is.. BEAUTIFUL

So you gotta find the moment, the song's already there waiting for you!

I like Grace, dont love it and do tend to skip over it when listening to ATYCLB, but its a solid track. I love Edge's work on it, its just a mellow track, good late-night song. On the other hand, POE gets on my nerves beacause its just corny to me. Its my opinion, but I think it should have been a b-side and they should have put "Summer Rain" on the CD.

It took a couple of years for Grace to grow on me! I didn't like it at first, thought it was boring... but I appreciate it now.

Peace on Earth is just... there. I don't know. I liked it a lot initially, but I tend to skip it nowadays, for no particular reason.

Mmmm gotta say Peace On Earth pretty easily.....theyre not bad songs...but not masterpieces at all......

Lyrics are sometimes painfully religious, which annoys me, but theyre nice to listen too

There is a cover of Grace by Nichole Nordeman on the U2 tribute CD – In The Name Of Love (Artists United For Africa). I haven’t heard in a while but I remember it being good. I wonder how it Grace would sound by splicing parts from each version together and making a sort of duet between Bono and Nichole?

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
^ whoa, another Carly Patterson avatar!

So i'm not the only one who got enchanted by her during athens?

She is a mega babe, both on the beam and off....

Amazing girl she is, trains about 6 hours a day, guess it paid off though....hope she stays single...

Back
Top Bottom