GOYB snippets? (Do Not post Download Links!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been one of Interference's biggest lurkers for the past 5 years. Time to come out of hiding!!! I am getting past my mid 30's, been an obsessive fan for 23 years and yet they still get to me big time! Things have not looked this promising for a long time. Roll on Monday!!!!

My Mrs keeps staring at me and shaking her head as I digest page after page of blue crack. Love it!

Same for me.

As far as GOYB snippets.... I'm on the fence. Not revved up about it or dissapointed, necessarily. Guess I need to hear the full track in good quality before making my call. Why 48 year-old musicians should be writing about sexy boots beats me, so I'm VERY curious to know what the lyrics say, what this is about, what references it's supposed to make. Maybe it's some high-brow concept. I hope it's not just Bono talking to some girl in the song, telling her he digs her sexy boots and would rather ogle her than talk about wars between nations....

I'm not a fan of U2 making empty pop music. Pop-sounding, is fine. Pop-transcending, even better. I still remember when they were referred to as the "thinking man's band," and I like it that way.

Bono said the Edge was sent to Space Moon and wasn't coming down until he had taken a slice of it. Well fuck me, sounds like this song carries what Space Moon is about: rocking the fuck out. Hopefully it kicks as much ass as I expect it to now after hearing this. Clearly it was recorded in Rock the Fuck Out Stadium™.

The Snippets leave me confused - and that's what I demand from a "new" U2. Can't wait to hear the song in full length.

Bono said the Edge was sent to Space Moon and wasn't coming down until he had taken a slice of it. Well fuck me, sounds like this song carries what Space Moon is about: rocking the fuck out. Hopefully it kicks as much ass as I expect it to now after hearing this. Clearly it was recorded in Rock the Fuck Out Stadium™.

one word.....jesus christ what have they come up with here? people wanted experimental? this is bloody mental, it's a monster from these clips,

The drums sound like Zep in Kashmir...

Amazing!! that you said this, I know it was brought up in an earlier post but the more I listen to clip #2 I keep thinking of Bonham and Zep.

Sounds Promising!!:hyper::down:

2nd snippet... :drool:

Badass riff :drool:

"Lemme hear the sound/Lemme hear the sound/Lemme hear the sound"

This is such badass stuff! That's innovation and risktaking for ya :up:

:hyper: Can't wait to hear the whole thing. :hyper:

This is sounding immense. Cannot wait for Monday. My first exam is on Monday and I'm relying on this weekend to revise hard, but right now I would happily skip through to Monday 8am!

It sounds so demented and electro. :drool:

I wonder how the public would react to something like this? :D

Disagree. I'm horrible at tabbing, but I would imagine that it would be A- 5-3-0-3-3-5-3-0-3-3 then E, 3.

Who knows.

That whole riff is in the 3-5 range. It makes no sense to start up near 10 and jump down to 3-5. Watch when you see Edge play it.

This is sounding immense. Cannot wait for Monday. My first exam is on Monday and I'm relying on this weekend to revise hard, but right now I would happily skip through to Monday 8am!

Mines on Tuesday at 9am In your face much :lol::hyper:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom