Gorillaz... Feel good Inc song...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zooropa man

Refugee
Ok, has anyone of you guys listened to this new tune by the gorillaz and realized that they have taken a gander out of one of U2's songs? Anyone want to take a guess.... listen very carefully. The name of the song is "Feel good Inc." by the gorillaz. Let's see how smart you guys are. By the way, they play this verse on the iTunes commercial and any U2 buff would get which U2 song they are ripping off.

wrong forum, really? I should have figured that someone would have started it. What's the link? And you are right by the way...

nobodies said that before its just this post would be more suited for the "Everything you know is wrong" section...

i noticed the link between the songs ages ago when i made a mix of the songs... sounded perfect and i didnt do much...

feel good inc is pretty cool anyway, daman alburn makes it

^ look mods I can be sensible :wink:

I'm just afraid that some out there might turn this around and say that U2 ripped them off instead of it being the other way around. I hear you, it's a good song but right away when I heard it, I knew that it was such a U2 melody.

I always approach songs as they are so it's sorta somewhat of a surprise when I hear that Feel Good Inc. is linked to SATS. Now that I sing both tunes in my mind... it does make sense.

Thanks Zooropa Man for bring that up, I need to be more musically astute from now on! :wink:

I'm just afraid that some out there might turn this around and say that U2 ripped them off instead of it being the other way around.

I'm afraid to ask, but why do you say that? I can't imagine someone arguing that U2 ripped off the Gorillaz without that person being laughed at. Loudly.

Now if U2 does a side project as an animated band, then they might have something. :wink:

The opening melody for Albarns verse is strikingly similar to SATS "Summer stretching on the grass". Completely by chance, but very, very similar.

yup. I noticed this the very first time I heard it.

I dont think anyone should go too far in accusing them of plagiarism as the general mood is very different, AND the vocal melody of "Staring at the Sun," while it's catchy, is not a very unique melody in the first place. it's the kind of thing Bono probably came up with on the spur of the moment, and I'm sure it's in other songs.

"Feel Good Inc" is a strange single. It has no chorus really. I like it a lot, I'm just surprised it managed to get into any charts.

to be honest Feel Good Inc is the better SATS...its superior and its a great popsong.

plagiarism? what did bono say to some of the allegations ripping The Sun Always Shines On T.V of Aha for Beautiful Day ???

jacobus said:
to be honest Feel Good Inc is the better SATS...its superior and its a great popsong.

plagiarism? what did bono say to some of the allegations ripping The Sun Always Shines On T.V of Aha for Beautiful Day ???

:wink: my girlfriend allwasy sings aha during that part of beautiful day to conlclude with "ripp offs":wink:

can not realy argue with her...lol

Feel Good Inc is one of the songs they play on the PA in bewteen bands on the Vertigo tour!

Yeah, i noticed this the first time i heard the song. I don't think it is deliberate though, just a coincidence.

I'd never heard the comparisons between a-ha and U2. But as I totally love "The Sun Always Shines On TV," I'll be sure to check it out. :lol:

Is there more to it than the similar two word "touch me" bit? If that's it, that's a bit of a stretch. You can't own two words.

The guys who wrote the Bible should ask lots of money for illegal copyright in Bono's case :whistle:

Earnie Shavers said:
The opening melody for Albarns verse is strikingly similar to SATS "Summer stretching on the grass". Completely by chance, but very, very similar.

i never noticed it before, but now that you mention it, i can see the similarities. but i realize that lots of artists "copy" similar melodies from each other. all the time. so many times i've listened to a song and i'm thinking, " this sounds so familiar..."

i do like feel good inc. and although they might sound similar to SATS i think the overall mood of the song is different enough that i wouldn't think the gorillaz straight up copied U2.

I noticed this a wwwhhhiiillleeee ago when I first heard the song. It was blatantly obvious to me.

But, I do agree that Feel Good Inc. is overall a better song than SATS.

Zooropa man said:
wrong forum, really?
It goes in the "Things People Have Posted Ninety Bajillion Times Already" forum.

Actually, that's EYKIW, so I guess it's in the right place.

Really? When you listen to the first sung line of Feel Good Inc and then listen to the first sung line of SATS, you don't hear the similar melody?

Feel Good Inc:
"Windmill, Windmill for the land.
Learn forever hand in hand
Take it all in on your stride
It is sticking, falling down"

Staring at the Sun:
"Summer stretching on the grass
Summer dresses pass
In the shade of a willow tree
Creeps a-crawling over me"

sing these verses and then you should get it. the melody is not exact but pretty damn close to same.

Back
Top Bottom