go to yahoo.com! right now!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
it's all stuff i've already heard, but good to see that the buzz is starting, and that March 8th won't come again without an album.

Yeah, I saw it too, but Mikal's right we've seen most of this already. I agree that it is a good sign to see the media machine starting to crank out the news on the new album. Things will start to get real exciting in about 4 weeks!!!

Swweeeeeeettttttt!!!!!

Yeah, they just complied information for other places. But it's so cool to see! And congrats to @U2 for being mentioned in the article.

Bill Flanagan thinks this album is the best thing they have ever done! You can't have a more reliable source than Flanagan, author of the "U2 Bible."

:hyper: x 1,000

There is a U2 competition here in Australia that is flashing across the top of my hotmail - big photo of U2.

Tis quite unexpected to 'see them' in my hotmail account but very welcome they are :D

It is amazing to read the hatred in the messages posted there at Yahoo, it is sad to see how many people out there who hate U2. :(

One person took the time to add this,

Asked whether he enjoys groups such as Oasis, U2 and TEXAS, George Harrison snorts, "Rubbish! They aren't very interesting. It's OK if you're 14 years old. I prefer to listen to BOB DYLAN." He adds, "You know what irritates me about modern music, it's all based on ego. Look at a group like U2. BONO and his band are so egocentric... The more you jump around, the bigger your hat is, the more people listen to your music... The only important thing is to sell, and make money. It's nothing to do with talent." The Beatles, he claims "had a value which will last forever." Harrison explains, "Today there are groups who sell a lot of records and then disappear immediately. Will we remember U2 in 30 years? Or the Spice Girls? I doubt it."

Last edited:
Did you see the yahoo reply thread?

Looks like the music war Bono talked about in 2000 is still going on. U2 are the last of a dying breed. Good musicians who write their own songs and know how to play.

ya, those posts on the Yahoo site pissed me off man. I didnt want to go down to those little children's level but I had to post a response. Ignorant f***ckers.

EvolutionMonkey said:
It is amazing to read the hatred in the messages posted there at Yahoo, it is sad to see how many people out there who hate U2. :(

One person took the time to add this,

Asked whether he enjoys groups such as Oasis, U2 and TEXAS, George Harrison snorts, "Rubbish! They aren't very interesting. It's OK if you're 14 years old. I prefer to listen to BOB DYLAN." He adds, "You know what irritates me about modern music, it's all based on ego. Look at a group like U2. BONO and his band are so egocentric... The more you jump around, the bigger your hat is, the more people listen to your music... The only important thing is to sell, and make money. It's nothing to do with talent." The Beatles, he claims "had a value which will last forever." Harrison explains, "Today there are groups who sell a lot of records and then disappear immediately. Will we remember U2 in 30 years? Or the Spice Girls? I doubt it."

The day after Harrison said this Bono made his feelings perfectly clear at Leeds Popmart by giving Harrison the middle finger in front of 80,000 cheering fans..

I hate to slight George Harrison, and I'm not going to turn this in a u2 verses the beatles thing, but George Harrison would have been a grocery clerk if not for Paul and John.
sorry but it's true.
p.s. the beatles were great and they will last forever.

Ya, I have that bootleg at Leeds when he tells off Harrison before EBTTRT. That was great, one of the Gallagher brothers called Harrison an ass or something, said he's a great musician but the man is an a**hole.

As a lifelong Beatles fan, those George Harrison quotes broke my heart. It's a pity when someone that talented behaves like such an ass. He must have felt threatened by U2's popularity and let it cloud his judgement. How else could an otherwise intelligent person equate U2 with the Spice Girls?

I can't believe he used the phrase "disappear immediately" while refering to U2. They've sorta been around for over twenty years, with no line-up changes, and people are still exited to hear their new music. That's pretty unprecedented.

Yeah i was really surprised when i read that coming from George, he's the last guy i would have thought to be against other bands publically. So what did Bono say at that concert in Leeds ? :hmm:

Yeah, that was a rather shitty thing for Harrison to say. I mean, Bono has stated numerous times that he loves The Beatles' music, and to have one of his favorite bands' members talk trash about *his* band...that had to've hurt :madspit:

Maybe Harrison got pissed off at young Bono's brashness and as result hated their music. I remember in Rolling Stone mag back in the day, young Bono stated that he thought U2 was a better "band" than the Beatles (in other words, more of a group or something). Maybe George read that, and said to himself... "God damn, Irish mother-f'er... the gall to even compare his little group (circa mid 80s) to THE BEATLES..."

I remember people mentioning Harrison having an issue with U2 back when they did that Beatles anthology thing. I forgot what Harrison said but it was interesting stuff.

To me, Harrison can do no wrong considering he wrote one of the sweetest guitar solos with "Let it Be." Well sorta...

Ratman said:
I can't believe he used the phrase "disappear immediately" while refering to U2. They've sorta been around for over twenty years, with no line-up changes, and people are still exited to hear their new music. That's pretty unprecedented.

yeah ummm. I'm trying to think of another current band that's been around as long and still has a fanbase hanging 'round like us. :wink: I'm not really coming up with anyone yet.

U2...Spice Girls...comparison... does not compute. :coocoo:

Last edited:
Isn't it self-defeating to say that U2 is egoistic and that The Beatles are timeless music?

Ah well...

georgeharrisonsa.jpg

Flying FuManchu said:
Maybe Harrison got pissed off at young Bono's brashness and as result hated their music. I remember in Rolling Stone mag back in the day, young Bono stated that he thought U2 was a better "band" than the Beatles (in other words, more of a group or something). Maybe George read that, and said to himself... "God damn, Irish mother-f'er... the gall to even compare his little group (circa mid 80s) to THE BEATLES..." /QUOTE]

I don't think Bono ever said U2 were better than the Beatles. I believe he said he thought U2 had the same kind of spark or chemistry that bands like the Who and the Beatles had. Of course it was a bit brash for U2 to say something like that, especially when they were first starting out, but that doesn't excuse George's trash-talking them in public. Neither Paul nor Ringo felt the need to do that.

Flying FuManchu said:
Maybe Harrison got pissed off at young Bono's brashness and as result hated their music. I remember in Rolling Stone mag back in the day, young Bono stated that he thought U2 was a better "band" than the Beatles (in other words, more of a group or something). Maybe George read that, and said to himself... "God damn, Irish mother-f'er... the gall to even compare his little group (circa mid 80s) to THE BEATLES..."

that's brash?? i'd say claiming your band is bigger than jesus christ ranks a little higher on the brash list (even is it wasn't george who said it).

mofo82 said:

that's brash?? i'd say claiming your band is bigger than jesus christ ranks a little higher on the brash list (even is it wasn't george who said it).

This is the perfect time for me to quote one of the best Bowie lyrics ever:

"Till there was rock, you only had god" from Sweethead

Back
Top Bottom