"Gloria" on the Rattle and Hum DVD?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Infinity

Refugee
I just got the Rattle and Hum DVD yesterday, and its great. But the tracklisting on the back of the DVD says "Gloria" is one of the songs on the DVD after "Exit." But there is no sign of "Gloria" on the actual DVD. After "Exit" the song is "Still Haven't Found." Anybody know whats going on.

:huh:

Gloria is 'after' Exit - it's just not U2's Gloria. At the end of Exit, Bono sings "Gloria, G-L-O-R-I-A", which is a snippet of a song by Van Morrison also called Gloria. This snippet was a regular feature of live performances of Exit.

Deceptive wording on the DVD's tracklisting, that's for sure.

Bono snippets that thing into everything. There's "Exit," "Surrender," "Bad," "Desire," and even U2's own "Gloria."

typhoon said:
Bono snippets that thing into everything. There's "Exit," "Surrender," "Bad," "Desire," and even U2's own "Gloria."

And to add to that, he's also sung the song properly live twice, once with David Bowie and once with Van Morrison himself.

By the way, do you know when it was snippeted in Bad? I didn't know he'd sung it in that one.

Oh, you're right about "Bad," I just checked. Must've imagined that.

Axver said:
Gloria is 'after' Exit - it's just not U2's Gloria. At the end of Exit, Bono sings "Gloria, G-L-O-R-I-A", which is a snippet of a song by Van Morrison also called Gloria. This snippet was a regular feature of live performances of Exit.

Deceptive wording on the DVD's tracklisting, that's for sure.

ohh okay...see i thought that there was something wrong with my copy of the DVD

Back
Top Bottom