Funny story from my friend Lissi from U2Midwest told me

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mbi16

War Child
So I ran into this girl online whom I remember seeing with Danno and Melissa in Vegas. So she tells me to read this story that she posted on zootopia. It is frieking hilarious and I thought I'd share.

"Ok--here it goes!

The Kung Fu hampsters thing started out at the Kansas City show. 4 of my friends from U2-Midwest found this toy Kung Fu hampster that twirls numchucks and sings "Kung Fu fighting, man those guys were fast as lightening! HEEE-YAA!!!" at a Cracker Barrel store in Iowa. They thought it was one of the funniest things in the world and decided that the lads would like them. The only problem was that there were only 2 hampsters left. They bought them and wrote notes on the boxes and signed it "From U2-Midwest." They were in front of Edge that night in Kansas City and gave him the hampster during the encore. They said that he looked at it, shrugged his shoulders, put it on his amp, and took it after the show.

3 of these 4 friends drove to St. Louis and met up with more U2-Midwest people (myself included)in the GA line early in the morning (as I was the line master I know exactly what time they got in--4:18am) and brought the second kung fu hampster for Bono. Once again, they wrote a nice note and "From 2-Midwest." In St. Louis, John (Bono's Mr. Clean look-alike bodyguard who is very cool) came over to my friends and I on the rail, shook our hands and asked how everyone from U2-Midwest was (he remembers us--especially since one of our members is Danno the Bono look-alike) and where Danno and the others were. We told him they were at the tip and he promptly went over to say hello. The people at the tip gave John the kung fu hampster to give to Bono (John thought they were pretty funny).

Then, after the show, my friends and I stopped at every Cracker Barrel store between St. Louis and Springfield, IL looking for more hampsters to give to Larry and Adam. Molly, one of the
U2-Midwest members who originally started the whole thing, took the hampsters to Florida for the Tampa and Miami shows. In Tampa Molly asked John if Bono liked his hampster and John
told her, "Yeah, he got a real kick out of it; he's giving it to Eli."

So, apparently Bono and Edge like their hampsters; Larry got one in Tampa, and Adam is getting one in Miami tonight. "

This apparently is true cause someone saw the hampster in Tampa and asked her about it. How frieking hilarious is this?

------------------
Tha Prickly Comedian

[This message has been edited by mbi16 (edited 12-08-2001).]

Haha!!! heee lair eee uss!

I need one of those
smile.gif

Kung fu hampsters...sounds just as funny as the Bonomole that this girl Cami from U2-Texas had at the Dallas show...this little stuffed mole she had dressed up with shades like Bono...she was front and center at the show and she would hold it up toward Bono and dance it around and stuff, hilarious!
smile.gif

Dancing moles? Oh boy, what have I started.

------------------
Tha Prickly Comedian

Back
Top Bottom