Funny and false U2 news. Oasis kick U2 out of Abbey Road?!? haha.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

david

ONE love, blood, life
411mania.com: Music - Oasis Kick U2 Out Of Abbey Road

A bag of money solves everything...

Oasis paid up front for the use of Abbey Road studios in London, forcing the studio to cancel U2's block booking.

Oasis frontman Liam Gallagher said, "U2 were booked in there with Rick Rubin. I was like, 'U2! U2 have to have a fucking six-hour meeting [as to] whether to get tea or coffee in the rehearsal room! They are not coming in here any time in the next five years.'"

"The guy from Abbey Road was like, 'I've got it block-booked for the exact time you want it.' [So] we actually went down to Abbey Road with a bag of money, and said, 'We can pay for the studio now'."

The band was in Abbey Road recording their sixth album, Dig Out Your Soul, which is due to be released in early October.

Credit: Music-News.com

I dunno. Doesn't sound true to me. Sounds like someone's making something up. U2 only used Rubin for one song I believe.

I'm curious as to why you automatically assume that this is "false"?

I could see something similar to that going down. Liam has voiced many a negative opinion about U2 in the past and that quote actually sounds like him. And he certainly has the money.

:shrug:

Pff its not even news. Who cares. Its quite funny really "U2! U2 have to have a fucking six-hour meeting [as to] whether to get tea or coffee in the rehearsal room! "

Btw my who cares was directed at those who published the article not David

Well, the main reason I would consider it not to be true is that U2 haven't worked with Rubin since 2006 and they have currently been working with Lanois and Eno. Also the album title is an obvious slag at U2 and the release date for the actual album has already been leaked as Nov 18.

Dana

I heard this on the radio last night and I lol'd.

You never know though, there's a thread in WTAHNN which has the release date on Halloween...

Well, the main reason I would consider it not to be true is that U2 haven't worked with Rubin since 2006 and they have currently been working with Lanois and Eno. Also the album title is an obvious slag at U2 and the release date for the actual album has already been leaked as Nov 18.

Dana

That actually is Oasis' album title, no?

411mania.com: Music - Oasis Kick U2 Out Of Abbey Road

A bag of money solves everything...

"The guy from Abbey Road was like, 'I've got it block-booked for the exact time you want it.' [So] we actually went down to Abbey Road with a bag of money, and said, 'We can pay for the studio now'."

Credit: Music-News.com

Good con job for "the Guy" who is laughing all the way to his bank, if that's true. (but this just sounds so ludicrous)

ETS: But Oasis is a bit off - so it could happen, I guess.
:lol:

That actually is Oasis' album title, no?

Is it? I thought they were talking about U2's album title and "Dig Out Your Soul" sounded like a slag on Bono's penchant for spiritual lyrics.

Was this an old story or is did this supposedly just happen? I still think it's pretty far fetched since U2 is obviously not working with Rubin at the moment and they have been recording in their own studios in Dublin and Bono just had a party on June 27th to celebrate finishing the album.

Dana

Is it? I thought they were talking about U2's album title and "Dig Out Your Soul" sounded like a slag on Bono's penchant for spiritual lyrics.

Was this an old story or is did this supposedly just happen? I still think it's pretty far fetched since U2 is obviously not working with Rubin at the moment and they have been recording in their own studios in Dublin and Bono just had a party on June 27th to celebrate finishing the album.

Dana

It appears it actually is Oasis' album title, I looked it up shortly after making this post. Imagine if U2 named their album that for this year? I think this place would go absolutely nuts.

I don't see why it couldn't be true. After all, he's talking about last December (2007). And wasn't there some rumour about U2 working on 2 separate albums, according to Steve Averill in October last year?

I remember speculating at the time myself that the other album would be produced by Rick Rubin. I thought they said they wanted to work with each other again and I think it's perfectly possible for U2 to work on 2 different projects at the same time.

I don't see why it couldn't be true. After all, he's talking about last December (2007). And wasn't there some rumour about U2 working on 2 separate albums, according to Steve Averill in October last year?

I remember speculating at the time myself that the other album would be produced by Rick Rubin. I thought they said they wanted to work with each other again and I think it's perfectly possible for U2 to work on 2 different projects at the same time.

I'm assuming that you are getting the December date from somewhere other than the article posted in this thread but even so, U2 have not been working with Rubin since the WITS session. Edge commented in an interview that they would probably get back to that other material at a later date. But I'm pretty sure that in December before they broke for Holidays they were working with Lanois and Eno. You can check the Band Meetings and Sightings Forum because I think there were fans who met them around that time. Rubin has been working with lots of other bands too. There was a recent news article stating that the band were going to rework and release an album of some of the songs Bono and Edge have written for the Spiderman Musical and that it would come out sometime after the new U2 album so I think that might be what they work on with Rubin but I doubt they would try to work on two very different type album projects simultaneously.

But even aside from all that the main reason to doubt the whole business is that Liam is always mouthing shit and has no credibility whatsoever as far as I'm concerned. I wouldn't believe anything he says without some kind of corroboration. :lol:

Dana

This is one of the articles that says December; and Noel, not Liam.

RTÉ.ie Entertainment: Oasis beat U2 to Abbey Road studio

We'll see, hopelfully some journalist is going to ask them about it some day :)

I'm not sure what exactly they mean by block-booked but it sounds to me like a tentative booking like a placeholder kind of thing. Who knows, maybe when Oasis said they'd pay up front that could have taken precedent or maybe they even checked with U2 and the band didn't need to challenge it. At any rate it seems to be a kind of weird thing to be bragging about. I mean really, it's not like U2 really need Abbey Road in particular. They record pretty much anywhere.

Dana

Back
Top Bottom