Final rating of The Joshua Tree songs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AcrobatMan

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Song of the week "sentimental" by Porcupine Tree
37 interferencers ranked the Joshua Tree Songs over the last few days. A big thank you to all of them. The people who rated The Joshua Tree songs are

AcrobatMan, wertsie, ouizy, fizzyw, fallingstar ,coolhand, roland, khannarhodes ,skeek ,martha ,bono shade, michael griffith
sicy , zooficer, wallon11,catman, madonna's child, bigmachphisto, hawkmoon, bono_man, olieu2cm,moonlit_angel, tiny dancer, blondeann13,badyouken, ultrravioletU2, saracene, christiana, danospano, flaming june, senrab,sweetonU2, amaaan, big girls are best, Ozaurora, u2soar, monkey79

According to that, the rating is as follows

1) Where Streets Have No Name - 324 points
2) With or Without You - 300 points
3) One Tree Hill - 269 points
4) Running To Standstill - 267 points
5) I Still Havent Found - 238 points
6) Red Hill Mining Town - 223 points
7) In Gods Country - 213 points
8) Bullet The Blue Sky - 187 points
9) Exit - 167 points
10) Mother Of The Disappeared - 136 points
11) Trip Through Your Wires - 88 points

Small approximations were made at couple of places.

Thanks again ;)
AcrobatMan

Last edited:
This list is pretty much what you'd expect. Nice to see. I guess. I mostly agree.

Oz.. are you sure you don't mean One Tree Hill?

Man, how f*&%ing brilliant is an album that has, in 8th position (8th postion!) one of the most explosive and dynamic rock songs off all time -- and in 10th position (that's 10th position!!!) a song as hauntingly beautiful as 'Mother's of the Disappeared!! How can that be possible one might ask? Easy, it's The Joshua Tree.

AcrobatMan said:
khannarhodes
:laugh: i love having a funky name. i think i shall name my daughter khanada. :wink:

According to that, the rating is as follows

1) Where Streets Have No Name - 324 points
2) With or Without You - 300 points
3) One Tree Hill - 269 points
4) Running To Standstill - 267 points
5) I Still Havent Found - 238 points
6) Red Hill Mining Town - 223 points
7) In Gods Country - 213 points
8) Bullet The Blue Sky - 187 points
9) Exit - 167 points
10) Mother Of The Disappeared - 136 points
11) Trip Through Your Wires - 88 points
awesome! wtshnn is my totally favourite song off of there. rtss is awesome too, i'm so glad it made #4. i'm disappointed about exit being at #9, and motd being at #10, but hey, i know everyone has different opinions and those are the kinda songs you either love or hate. besides, it's cool to like the underdog! :D

SkeeK said:
This list is pretty much what you'd expect. Nice to see. I guess. I mostly agree.

Oz.. are you sure you don't mean One Tree Hill?

yes I did, IGC is my other fave song from J-Tree so I must of been thinking of it at the time whilst I was typing and maybe I hadnt had enough caffeine and nicotine by that time of the morning for my brain to start functioning propperly!!!!!, but One Tree Hill is sublime I actually do think now that it should of been first:)

KhanadaRhodes said:

:laugh: i love having a funky name. i think i shall name my daughter khanada. :wink:

awesome! wtshnn is my totally favourite song off of there. rtss is awesome too, i'm so glad it made #4. i'm disappointed about exit being at #9, and motd being at #10, but hey, i know everyone has different opinions and those are the kinda songs you either love or hate. besides, it's cool to like the underdog! :D

I complied everything and I have similar views as KhannaRhodes... exit should have been higher in the rating ;)..its also strange how our individual rating were very similar

see this
AcrobatMan Rating
------------------------
1. WSHNN
2. One tree hill
3. I still havent found
4. Red Hill Mining ( most underated JT song)
5. Exit
6. In Gods Country
7. Running to a stand still
8. Bullet the blue sky ( i cant believe i am ranking this this low)
9. Mothers of the disappeared
10. WOWY ( see comment of 8)
11. Trip ( easiest choice to make..all songs better than this)

KhanadaRhodes Rating
--------------------
1. where the streets have no name
2. running to stand still
3. exit
4. one tree hill
5. red hill mining town
6. i still haven't found what i'm looking for
7. mothers of the disappeared
8. in god's country
9. bullet the blue sky (it's not the song, just this version)
10. with or without you
11. trip through your wires

Back
Top Bottom