Favorite One Liners

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I always loved in R&H when BB says that he is "no good with chords" and that they'll need someone to handle that, Bono says dismissively, "Oh, the Edge will do that."

At the MSG show on the Vertigo tour;

Edge: (screws up the beginning of WGRYWH)
Bono: Very professional, the Edge!

:lol:

"No. Thank you!"

- Bono, December 19th 2005 in Portland, Oregon durring the Vertigo tour -

He said this right after the fans raised a total of more than 11 000 THANK YOU signs durring the opening of Elevation. I contributed 3502 signs myself hahaha.:yippie: It was awesome to have him aknowledge the signs durring the song. In fact they extended the intro so each band member could comment. Priceless.

AND Carek- or anyone - any pictures/video that could be posted in pleba?
Would love to see that.
thanks.

A couple from the Zoo TV era:

"Rock and roll doggie" from the interview with Kurt Loader.

"We're crap" from Zoo TV Stockholm (indoor leg) after U2's rendition of Dancing Queen predictably breaks down into a mess.

"No. Thank you!"

- Bono, December 19th 2005 in Portland, Oregon durring the Vertigo tour -

He said this right after the fans raised a total of more than 11 000 THANK YOU signs durring the opening of Elevation. I contributed 3502 signs myself hahaha.:yippie: It was awesome to have him aknowledge the signs durring the song. In fact they extended the intro so each band member could comment. Priceless.

I still have my sign :)

A couple from the Zoo TV era:

"Rock and roll doggie" from the interview with Kurt Loader.

I :heart: that! I love when that person in the background screams and Bono says "Wow, I've never heard anyone scream that loud. That is out of this world" Or something like that.

Also, you can't forget:
"What's your name again?"
YouTube - Bono: What's your name again?

Priceless.

Ooh and when Bono's talking about having a mullet in the 80s and he says "To be honest, I thought I looked like David Bowie." :laugh:

"This is a song we have never played before...... on a Wednesday night" Bono introducing OOTS in Chicago 09-21 05

I like the ones where he's pissy...

"Will you shut the fuck up while I'm talkin' down there" - Bono, Oakland, 15 November 1987.

"Shut up for a second, will ya? And stop whistling 'cause we're not in the Beatles OK, it's U2 here" Bono, Chicago, 29 April 1987.

He was so much more pissy on the JT tour...I miss that.

Rock and roll doggie? Seriously? XD
I used to have the clip. I wish I still did :( Maybe somebody will come up with it.

As I recall, it went like this, Bono was being interviewed on a balcony or some such, when a fan screamed his name from somewhere.

The fan: BONOOOOOOOOOO!
Bono: *looks around, surprised* That is far out. How can you scream down 10 stories and be heard? Rock and roll doggie! *peace sign*

I used to have the clip. I wish I still did :( Maybe somebody will come up with it.

As I recall, it went like this, Bono was being interviewed on a balcony or some such, when a fan screamed his name from somewhere.

Bono: *looks around, surprised* That is far out. How can you scream down 10 stories and be heard? Rock and roll doggie! *peace sign*

Then in a solemn tone, back to the interviewer: "That is the loudest voice I think I've ever heard" :lmao:

Well, these are two-liners, but...

Edge: "I don't want to be on TV, you want to be on TV."
Bono: "Uh...ok, that's true."

Edge: "You want me to trust you?"
Bono: "Ah, right, sorry about that."

-from A Day in the Life of the Edge :up:

September 16, 2005, Toronto, ON

(Bono, while trying to phone B.B. King so we could sing him Happy Birthday and having no luck at all)

"Here, Edge can do it, he's a scientist."
(laughter)
"What, you think all that echo unit shit is easy?!"

Is this even a quote from Bono? I found it on IMDB while searching for other stuff. And if it's real, then when is it from? :scratch:

Also if it's real, then :lmao:

"I could go onstage, unzip my pants, and hang my dick out, and people would think it was a statement about something."

To be more specific:

Bono: (looks around, surprised, turns to Kurt) That is far out. How can you scream 10 stories down and be heard? (turns in direction of guy in building) Rock 'n' roll doggie! (turns back to Kurt) That is amazing. America is so- (interference enters, we assume Bono said America's fucked up or something).

Back
Top Bottom