Favorite Bono Moment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
rjhbonovox said:

Its a great interview and Edge looks pretty cool sat there as well but he don't say anything.

Also gotta agree with the Paris speech 1995, how did it go "what a night, etc .......what a wanker you have for president", great speech.

Also anyone see when U2 were accepting an award in that Irish bar and they were talking to Phil Collins by satellite link. I think it was November 1992 or maybe 1993 MTV awards or something but Larry wasn't there and Phil Collins asked to speak to him and Edge said "Larrys not here at the moment Phil, you know how funny drummers get when they start to sing" and Adam says "Just like to say that our parents are all great fans of your music, Phil" hehehe what a piss taking bunch. The bar was lined up with Guiness and spirits and Bono looked like he didn't know what day it was he was wobbling. Anyone remember this? I have it on video somewhere its a great clip.:wink:

Oh God! Someone's gotta post this one online!! I must see!!!

I think I missed that one entirely back then.

Could anyone give some details of the Golden Globes speech? I'm not familiar with it. What year was that?

This isn't really a Bono moment per se, but I love the camera shots of the doves flying during Beautiful Day at Live8. Does anyone know who's idea that was? I wouldn't be surprised if it came from Bono, after all he dreamed up the Sgt. Pepper's performance and even told Geldof that Live8 would happen with or without him.

:bono: :up:

Great thread.

Last edited:
there are so much to choose from! so cool for you to mention WIRE. the laughing is one for me too.. okay, first thing coming to mind: on the rattle and hum-movie, when he asks the guide in graceland if larry can take a picture of himself on the harley.. when bono puts his arm around that lady and gives the most EVIL grin! that's a good one...

...oh and at the end of Achtung Baby - the videos, cameos and a whole lot of interference - when he discusses owl droppings with the edge. "hold on a second, i got to get in the middle of this: Owl Droppings??" :lol:
there are so many great bono-moments on that video. i want a dvd!!! :scream:

Back
Top Bottom