Fan report from U2place.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Don't believe this turd from Italy. Listen to Dallas:

"The Edge has played some of his most innovative guitar moments and recording tracks that I have witnessed. Bono?s singing has been simply the most brilliant performances with his voice being in top form on this record. His guitar playing on this project is as well to be reckoned with and often provides the canvas for The Edge to follow with even more guitar ideas. Adam?s very, very fresh big time bass grooves and tremendous comments and direction with the record. Larry drums on this recording like he is 17 years old, really full on."

Believe Neil McCormick:

?It is a big album, full of big ideas, delivered with beginner?s energy and veteran?s craft.?

Last edited:
There are some ignorant people on this thread. Just because somebody provides an interpretation of an incident that doesn't seem 'credible' to you gives you no right to brand them a liar or a 'turd from italy'.. don't be so fucking rude.

I don't know if this is true or not the same as the rest of you but for God's sake give people the benefit of the doubt ..or just move on to another thread!

:hmm:

The trouble with this album is it's, unlike previous albums, virtually impossible to say what the new U2 will sound like.

Usually the songs that hint to the new albums stick out - for example, Pride on UF is a hint to JT, Exit/Bullet/Trip through your wires are hints to Rattle and Hum, God part II is a hint to AB, Tryin' to throw... is a hint to Zooropa, Some days are better than others is a hint to POP, Sweetest thing is a hint to ATYCLB.

On ATYCLB we have 11 different songs and it's hard to make a guess - even though we heard there are rocking leftovers from the making of ATYCLB and this album is rocking. Maybe ES is the hint, along with BD, Always, Elevation and New York.

That said, U2 always has a mix of rockers, mid-tempo and ballads on their albums.

Jim said:
There are some ignorant people on this thread. Just because somebody provides an interpretation of an incident that doesn't seem 'credible' to you gives you no right to brand them a liar or a 'turd from italy'.. don't be so fucking rude.

I don't know if this is true or not the same as the rest of you but for God's sake give people the benefit of the doubt ..or just move on to another thread!

True. Mr Hanky was no where near France, last I heard. And turds can't
write as well. So, in all probabliity,
I doubt it was a turd who made up
this report.
Ooh, I wonder if this guy also saw Ali
topless too? :drool:
Let's be cereal now, if you want to believe this "report,", you can go ahead
it's a free country. :)

And if I want to say the report seems false, I can. And I can post about it Jim. I can call him a Turd from Italy. Deal. You are quite fucking rude telling me I should move on to another thread. I'm using your language here.

RockNRollDawgie said:

True. Mr Hanky was no where near France, last I heard. And turds can't
write as well. So, in all probabliity,
I doubt it was a turd who made up
this report.
:)

Howdy Ho!

:wink:

I for one believe Dave C's story, its much more believable. This italian guy is full of s**T. And MrBrau read my mind, a week ago Dallas Schoo said this album might be one of their best ever, and he is Edge's guitar tech! He's not some guy who we can't understand. I'll go with the former. If this album is great, I dont care how fast the songs are. But from what "credible sources" have said (bono, dallas, edge, neil m.), this is going to definetly be a heavier album. Remember, "young band's energy with veterans craft?" lets not get dissapointed by this fan who saw Bono's 14-year old daughter topless, gimme a f***N Break! I'm sorry, im just frustrated, this whole waiting for november thing is getting to me.

I think RademR said the truth "i'm just frustrated, this whole waiting for november thing is getting to me".
:ohmy:

I think the same could be said for the vast majority of posters at this site and at probably at other U2 sites.

:(

That's why I think we ALL need to take a deep breath, count to 10, think about what's REALLY IMPORTANT in our lives and try as hard as we can to better respect each other! :yes:

When I started out posting in these forums, I was always positive. As the months have gone on, I find myself sometimes becoming a bit judgemental and negative which is NOT ME!

So, I am trying again to approach things more positively again because I don't like negativity - it's counterproductive to my life.

So, I hope that we can ALL become more patient and accepting of each other and with U2. :up:

Like Bob Marley said, "everything's goin' to be alright"! :angel:

Back
Top Bottom