"Entropy" on HBO this weekend...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Moonlit_Angel

Blue Crack Addict
In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de
I heard about it from one of the Yahoo! clubs.

So for those of you who have some of the various HBO channels as part of your cable system and all that, you can see that movie this weekend.

I've never seen it before, so this weekend will be my first time seeing it.

Has anyone here seen this movie? Is it good? How long are U2 in the film?

Also, they're showing some of the "100 Greatest Albums" countdown tomorrow night on VH1 and U2 has a couple of albums in there, if you wanna catch that, too.

Angela

I thought the movie itself sucked. U2 is in and out a few times. They are in the very beginning and then as I recall more towards the end. Bono has a couple of lines. Larry says a word or two. It's cool to see U2 but I wouldn't go out of your way to watch the movie.

my mom seemed to like the movie...

U2 are in it for approxamately 9:27 total.
Not that I coded all the U2 parts into one file last time I was at home or anything... :shifty:
Bono's got several lines, but Larry's only got one word.
Tragic.
:D

The U2 content is cool. You see live footage from the CapeTown South Africa show. Otherwise I thought it was just an average movie.

well i liked that movie ;)

the girl in it pissed me off big time tho :p

but i thought the movie was good, only i didnt like the actress who played the guys girlfriend. :no:

the U2 bits were cool :D

Kristie said:
my mom seemed to like the movie...

U2 are in it for approxamately 9:27 total.
Not that I coded all the U2 parts into one file last time I was at home or anything... :shifty:
Bono's got several lines, but Larry's only got one word.
Tragic.
:D

Tragic.

:lmao:

entropy had good acting, good directing, good cinematography, good music, and good writing (i.e. no really stupid lines)... it was a fairly creative idea, based loosely around the director's actuall experiences (joannu also did rattle and hum)... unfortunatly a good story isn't always a very exciting story, and in the case of entropy, it's actually a pretty damn boring story. if you watch it in a starbucks and have unlimited access to coffee, you should be able to sit through it... if not... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I got mine for free...the guy at Blockbuster told me it was so sucky, no one ever rented it so he gave it to me and told me I could keep it. He had it at home because his friend wanted to see it so I came back the next day and he slipped it in with the videos I actually rented :reject:

I liked it :shrug:

Oh, yeah? Well, somebody paid me ten dollars to take it.

(*is lying*)

I actually liked the movie. I thought it was interesting, both in the way it was filmed and in the storyline.

Those poor phones seemed to get abused a lot during the movie, though...LOL.

Liked the U2 bits, obviously. My favorite part was when Bono was talking to Jake through the T.V. That was funny (and then when Jake tries to leave and he can't open the door and you keep hearing Bono's voice going, "I locked you in", and Jake mutters, "Irish bastard"-hehe).

I want Bono to talk to me through a T.V....

Larry only had one line that consisted of one word-ha, funny. Even in movies he doesn't say a lot! ;).

The concert footage was cool, too (putting Jake and Pia's wedding footage up on the screen...funny-a la ZooTV, somewhat).

So, yeah...it was an odd movie...but I kinda liked it, personally.

Angela

Anyone know when this film is on? I just searched my digital cable and found nothing for "Entropy":shrug: and now I am curious to watch .....

typhoon said:
Oh, yeah? Well, somebody paid me ten dollars to take it.

(*is lying*)

:laugh:

I've only seen the U2 bits (thanks, Kristie ;)). As a U2 fan, I find them quite entertaining, but I can't say they make me want to watch the whole movie. Maybe if it's on sometime when I'm home for the weekend...

One night I was channel-surfing and I thought I saw Bono. I figured I had Bono on the brain, but I went back to that channel and indeed, it was "Entropy." I watched the rest of it.

It's a tough movie to follow, and the end seemed very abrupt to me. I couldn't figure out why the character based on Joanou was so hung up on that model, but that could be because I didn't see the whole movie.

I loved seeing Pop-era U2, though. And Larry's big scene:
:larry: : Tragic.
:laugh:
:hug:

Last edited:
That movie is on all the time now, but I only have basic cable. :sad: Just search tvguide.com if you want to know when it's on. It's been showing at least twice a week since I first noticed it.

I found an interesting link about the flick; I don't feel so bad about not being able to watch it now.

http://www.michaelvox.com/u2/entropy.html

Headache in a Suitcase said:
entropy had good acting, good directing, good cinematography, good music, and good writing (i.e. no really stupid lines)... it was a fairly creative idea, based loosely around the director's actuall experiences (joannu also did rattle and hum)... unfortunatly a good story isn't always a very exciting story, and in the case of entropy, it's actually a pretty damn boring story. if you watch it in a starbucks and have unlimited access to coffee, you should be able to sit through it... if not... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

If it had so many good things, why did you fall asleep? There would be lots to keep your mind busy, anyway, right?

gotta see it just for the 9:27 minutes that are the most important part, to see them actually act in a movie, and then see if i like the work of the other actors, set designers, makeup artists, those people who put it together!

You know, you sound like Mel Gibson, saying that MDH is boring, can't you give a higher rating at the end, and not let the overall impression make you sleepy? I'll have to see it to see if I agree!

Back
Top Bottom