Electrical Storm on HTDAAB??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2girl said:
It doesn't fit thematically - the album is about mortality, death, Bono's father, and it has political songs. Only one "love" song in A man and woman.

Electrical storm is basically a love song. Plus it would be too similar with Crumbs from your table.

electrical storm is a love song? it sounds like its more about the band going full circle (going back to basics with ATYCLB.. if the sky can crack, there must be some way back to love and only love... that was my very first interpretation of the song-- even before i knew ANYTHING about the band, ES was the first U2 song that i really fell in love with)

Electrical Storm is a great song but in my opinion the second half of it was really badly produced so I'm glad they didn't include it on HTDAAB.

I also think that Yahweh is a great track, one of the best on the album.

i think electrical storm could have been on htaab, maybe between a man and a woman and crumbs...but it would have been the worst track on the album...i think the te bomb is perfect like it is (maybe mercy could have been there instead of fast cars but i like the album even like that)

Nostradamus said:

if u think that they r noooo longer innovative then i'm sure bono wud like 2 have a few wirds 4 u & may-b the edge 2.

Strange, I don't remember saying that I didn't think they were innovative anymore...YOU said that, not me.

I stated that Electrical Storm left me cold, nothing more, nothing less.

I suggest you read posts properly before ya dare reply.

Oh, and I'll be more than happy 2 meet with the guys to discuss it if ya wanna arrange that.

How very generous of ya to offer.
:D

Last edited:
Yeah 'Electrical Storm' would fit nicely on HTDAAB....just as 'Ground beneath her feet' and 'stateless' ...

\just my fucking two cents! (I HATE THOSE FUCKING TWO CENTS CAN WE STOP IT!?!?!?!?!?!!? WHY NOT THREE or FOUR...WAAAAAAAAA)

Bono's shades said:
I really like Electrical Storm and think it would fit nicely on HTDAAB. In fact, I would take out Miracle Drug, COBL and Yahweh - the three tracks I like the least - and replace them with ES, Fast Cars and Are You Gonna Wait Forever. Hmmm, maybe I should burn myself an "improved" version of HTDAAB.

The 1s u wanna take off r in my opinion some of the stronger songs from the album

Yahweh is probably their best closing song since 40, Miracle Drug has "song gr8 enuf 2 not have a single but still rock like Bad and Until the End of the World" written all over it, and COBL is just a beautiful song

I love the Orbit mix of Electrical Storm. There's a lot more passion and depth to the music than in the band version. Should it be on HTDAAB........I don't know. The thing about song placement is it's often done for a reason, and I don't know where I would put this in and what I'd replace.

Soundwise, Electrical Storm is such a transition between ATYCLB and hut dab. The Edge's new-found use of the slide is evident in ES as well. I don't think I've heard The Edge use a slide so much than on hut dab.

Back
Top Bottom