Does Vertigo have the DNA?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

coach

War Child
Like Beautiful Day and ATYCLB, do you think Vertigo has bomb's DNA, and consequensiatly do u still feel it was a first good single. Im having trouble placing it with the rest of the tracks.

What do u think?

cheers!

If a good first single has to be totally representative of the album which it's off of (and I don't think it does at all), then I guess "Vertigo" wasn't really the way to go.

I think that a good first single should be catchy ("Vertigo" is), exciting (it is), well-performed and written (again, it is), and attention-grabbing (yet again...it is); based on my criteria, "Vertigo" is a KILLER first single. I will admit, though, that it is not in ANY way indicative of whatever it is that this album, as a whole, is supposed to be about. I think that the album is perhaps a bit too muddled and uncohesive for ANY song to be truly representative...

coach said:
Like Beautiful Day and ATYCLB, do you think Vertigo has bomb's DNA, and consequensiatly do u still feel it was a first good single. Im having trouble placing it with the rest of the tracks.

What do u think?

cheers!

I think it is more like Discotheque, Numb and The Fly which were nothing but false lead to give us a wrong idea of what to expect.

Cheers,

J

I thought Discotheque & Fly were very representative.. for this album I think ABOY or COBL or SYCMIOYO would have been better first singles

Back
Top Bottom