does anyone know of anything like this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

greenslimer

The Fly
ok, please dont skip through this post. i just wanna ask one last question.

after all of the talk on the other board section about "is bono lip-synching or not?" stuff, i just wanted to ask this.

honestly, IF he does lip-synch for a few lines or a certain high note.. i think that is okay. if hes having a problem with it, thats fine. im just talking about entire shows and songs here, or the possibility that it may not be him at all even on the records and some other guy.

thats why i was wondering if anyone has ever seen him sing unaccompanied, like doing something accappella by himself.. during an interview, documentary, or in person in a meeting.. and if it still sounded like him?

like during "rattle and hum" theres the part where they are rehearsing in the bus before the outdoor concert, or that BP Fallon thing with him singing on the plane, but i cant find that now...

or something during an interview, etc.

thats all i wanted to ask.

yes, i know i sound crazy. i am not trying to stir shit. i'm just weird and worry over stupid stuff like this.

The Britney Spears fans on this site need to realize that great rock stars don't lip synch through whole concerts.

while i think its a bit of an "unnecessary" question thats been asked i'll try dignify it with a response... but only so you can be certain and never bring this up again :wink:

theres a girl on here somewhere who had bono sing happy birthday to her last year some time, and on the Radio One interview last year which i heard, Bono sang a couple of lines of something to a caller on the phone.

so yes, bono does do impromptu stuff and yes it sounds just like him and just like the person on the album and just like the person on the stage

now that you mention it, i'd rather hear certain notes hit correctly (stuff like the end of one, etc.) rather than his voice cracking. if it's a crack of emotion (that sounds wrong somehow) that's okay, but if it's as in "hey, i can't hit this note like i used to - or at least i can't when i'm singing all night, every night for months on end," then no.

digsy said:
while i think its a bit of an "unnecessary" question thats been asked i'll try dignify it with a response... but only so you can be certain and never bring this up again :wink:

theres a girl on here somewhere who had bono sing happy birthday to her last year some time, and on the Radio One interview last year which i heard, Bono sang a couple of lines of something to a caller on the phone.

yes it sounds just like him and just like the person on the album and just like the person on the stage

digsy, are you an Oasis fan?

I remember seeing you post in an old Oasis forum.
If so then do you know of a decent oasis forum/bootleg site?

cheers.

Otherwise - this thread f*cking stinks!
greenslimer my arse!

You've already done this thread in the tours section and people answered you.

Just fucking quit, don't you think after 25 years he would have been 'caught'.

Drop it already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom