Detailed description of some new songs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bratty_cat said:
"On 2 songs she heard Saturday 03/07: The song that she thinks might be a b-side sounded kinda like Wild Honey, and they could dance to it. The chorus was,

"All I want is a picture of you/All I want is to be right next to you," followed by something like, "picture in a pocket/picture in a ...et" (something that rhymes with "ette")."

sprocket?
locket?
rocket?
socket?

Wallet? after all you can keep a picture in your wallet in your pocket:shrug:

U2One said:

Oasis......nice

Actually, I think that song predates Oasis. I believe that because a band called "Mono Puff" created a "Hello CD of the month" thing essentially just so they could cover that song. And I remember them talking about the history of the song, but I don't remember it all too well.

The girl who reported this(Claire) is on u2star.com forum and she talks a little more about here trip.
She describes the first song as a combination of The Fly(YES!!!) and Elevation(UGH!!!). It reminded her of Achtung Baby.
YES, YES, YES!

ZigZag said:

Actually, I think that song predates Oasis. I believe that because a band called "Mono Puff" created a "Hello CD of the month" thing essentially just so they could cover that song. And I remember them talking about the history of the song, but I don't remember it all too well.

Oasis's 'Hello' is actually borrowed/stolen from Gary Glitter's, "Hello, I'm back", so much so that Glitter is credited with co-writing.

Still a great song though. And a great band.

mikal said:
it's just weird, and once again, the "doubting thomas" in me just doesn't believe that Bono actually picked strangers up and drove them around. there are a lot of strange people out there, and i personally refuse to let anyone that i haven't met ride in my car.

Someone I know personally, Noel from Dubin, was in his car late on the Thursday afternoon and he has put his story up on u2chat.com with a few details of the new songs.

Does anyone know if that song "She's Gonna Blow Your House Down" from the AB Studio recordings have been brought back to make it on this cd? That is one of the greatest songs I have ever heard. I hope it makes it.

HulaShad:)

I know I would love it and I'm sure most Interferencers would love it too if someone with Cool Edit skills would take the two 7 minute plus versions of "She's Gonna Blow Your House Down" from the Salome Outtakes and made an excellent edit of it - like 4:30 or something.

Last edited:
Wow, I finally heard "She's Gonna Blow Your House Down" That's terrific! That is HEAVY for U2, I'd love 3-4 songs on the new album to have that kind of agressive sound.

i mean, this new report is great to hear, but i wouldnt get too fired up about it, its just a fan report which we dont know is that accurate. Have you read Dallas Schoo interview, Edge's Guitar Tech???

"But?If I may?.....as I see it, this could be one of the GREATEST collection of songs for a new U2 Cd/DVD ever made! The Edge has played some of his most innovative guitar moments and recording tracks that I have witnessed. Bono?s singing has been simply the most brilliant performances with his voice being in top form on this record. His guitar playing on this project is as well to be reckoned with and often provides the canvas for The Edge to follow with even more guitar ideas???..Adam?s very very fresh big time bass grooves and tremendous comments and direction with the record?.Larry drums on this recording like he is 17 years old...really full on??When you hear this record, I can see NO WAY that you will disagree with my take on this new work of art by this still to be reckoned with world important necessary and still very much ?current? band."

theres a quote to take seriously, from a real source. I love the rumors from fans, but this is even better.

riteshbhatt1 said:
Wow, I finally heard "She's Gonna Blow Your House Down" That's terrific! That is HEAVY for U2, I'd love 3-4 songs on the new album to have that kind of agressive sound.

That song goes way back - I love the version on the R&H outtake video when Bono and Edge are knocking it out as an accoustic number. Totally different to the Berlin sessions.

It that tune ever shows the light of day is will have to be the longest 'song in the making' ever!

its like you guys have read the article (She's gonna blow your house down) even before this site has published it.

Take a look at this...

"- the first one is very rock and roll. Big guitar sounds. There is a "hello hello" before the refrain(something like that).

5 seconds in Bono definitely says "hello, hello" in the new song. I guess this girl wasn't lying. Pretty sure this will lead off the album since it was the first song she heard also.

it's the edge/bono saying "oh oh oh oh" to lead off but then bono comes in with hello hello, (and then you here edge/bono say hey hey), we're in a place called vertigo...

at 1:04 he repeats the same thing...

That's true. Sounds like that girl might have been tellin the truth after all. But then whats up with that "Wild Honey" song, man? Don't do it guys.. I actually go into that tune after hearing it on "Vanilla Sky" but I dont need another one.

I highly doubt that the song she heard sounds very much like Wild Honey but i do think whatever she heard will be on the album. I don't know how much effort they are going to put into a B side during crunch time. So far, Vertigo has reminded people of just about every U2 album ever. It's pretty hard to compare any of their songs to any other song. What songs do New Year's Day, Bad, or the Fly sound like? Pretty hard to describe or compare. I remember a few people that were in Bono's car saying that they heard a song that was a cross between elevation and i will follow and people panicked when they heard the word "elevation". However, based on the clip, i could see someone saying that about Vertigo on their first listen because of the initial "oh's", but does it truly sound anything like elevation? Nope.

thats kinda funny cause i sort of thought it sounded like elevation with the opening oohhhs, but after a couple listens, it reminds me more of the middle part of 1 o'clock tick tock.

People may interpret songs to sound like something they've heard in the past that may not sound like that song when you hear it. Who knows (other than the band) what the songs will sound like.

This song sounds awesome though.

I was there that day outside the studio when we could hear the 10/11 songs belting out over the speakers - I cant remember any song that reminds me of Wild Honey :scratch: - I do know that this song 'Vertigo' was the first in the sequence and Bono had told fans the previous day it was most likely the first single .........

Just read this on u2log.com

An ?official and reliable European source? has confirmed the title of U2?s next single: ?Vertigo?. It should be released to (European) radio on September 22.

hawkmoon2771 said:
I was there that day outside the studio when we could hear the 10/11 songs belting out over the speakers - I cant remember any song that reminds me of Wild Honey :scratch: -

Thank you hawkmoon...thank you.

hawkmoon... please give us some details about the other songs!
How did Miracle Drug and Love and Peace or Else sound? You heard them, right?

Back
Top Bottom