Desire (Zoo TV DVD)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jinn77

The Fly
A great song, i never felt they nailed it live until I saw it performed during Zoo TV tour. Has a slightly techno groove to it. Sounds "Dead Hard". Reason alone to buy the DVD.

Not of great quality unfortunately. That tour needed two films, possibly three, because each leg was so different. Outdoor Broadcast was necessary, for it was almost a completely different show with the encore. If they had done the effort with the right director and the whole shabang they did with Sydney, they could have gotten two great films out of it.

phillyfan26 said:
Not of great quality unfortunately. That tour needed two films, possibly three, because each leg was so different. Outdoor Broadcast was necessary, for it was almost a completely different show with the encore. If they had done the effort with the right director and the whole shabang they did with Sydney, they could have gotten two great films out of it.

Right:up:

but there was something with that sound that I don't really hear on other Desires that I can't really put my finger on:scratch:

I guess it's the fact that you heard more of Adam than you did hear the Edge...There WAS more than a groove to it because you heard a lot of bass..I could only hear that phaser/flanging sound a little when they played Desire on that DVD...I like more of Edge's sound in it..

Other than that I would of liked of a different Desire than the one where they actually broadcasted a while ago...It was good that they put on the Mirrorball man though :yes:

That performance of Desire was the best I've seen, but I don't know, the sound quality, or something didn't sound quite right.
But still I loved ZooTV coming on stage and Bono screaming "I belive in love!" "I believe in you!"
And then "I have a vision!"
"What's your vision?"
"I have a vision!"
"What's your vision?"
"Television! Television! Television! Television!"

At the Outside Broadcast shows I saw, Bono sang the word "desire" in the chorus different than I've ever heard it before or since, and I loved it.

To attempt singing via typing, it was more like, "Des-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-yur!"

Maybe I'm on crack, but that's how I remember it. Who knows! :crazy:

^^ That's how all the Zoo TV Desires were but the one on the DVD didn't have that much of a whooshing to it than it usually does on other versions...

The Outside Broadcast version just has some different keyboard / sequencer filler in it. The band are probably playing it no different to normal. Zoo TV was the first U2 tour where every song has loads of background filler.

i posted this a time ago: DESIRE during ZooTV is phantastic stuff and i wished their musically direction of the 2000s would be similar to this great performance: spacy a bit industrial dirty and rocking :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :applaud:

DESIRE Zoo TV

Last edited:
"and the fever when I'm inside her
Great performance, especially with the Mirrorball Man's rantings;
"I believe in Las Vegas, i've been there, i know that it exists"
not sure if it's better than the Lovetown version, the Edge was truly "on fire" then, but 100 times better than any performanvce since, esp those lame "acoustic" versions in later tours.

It's for sure better than the acoustic versions, but the Lovetown version just slays it. I was always sort of disgusted how they turned a nice rocking tune like Desire into another ZooTV prop...the whole Macphisto/Mirrorball thing etc, I could have done without Bono's ramblings honestly.

yes, but on hawkmoon, the effect was on Bono's guitar

I love when the come for the last chotus, and as Edge sings DESI--I-I-I-I-I-I-I-RE, Bono says to some on in the audience "You're beautiful"

:bow:

jacobus said:
i posted this a time ago: DESIRE during ZooTV is phantastic stuff and i wished their musically direction of the 2000s would be similar to this great performance: spacy a bit industrial dirty and rocking :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :applaud:

DESIRE Zoo TV

:drool: :drool: :drool:

Hi mate :wave:

Back
Top Bottom