Daniel Lanois on Canada for Asia fundraising concert

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

trevster2k

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Daniel Lanois performed on the fundraising concert Canada for Asia today.
I think the song he sang was Thank You (for the Day) and he played one of those steel guitars?!? ( one country singers sit down to play with the metal bar moving the strings)

Anyhoo, that was a U2 connection for our fundraising concert.

Oh my, I love Daniel Lanois so much it's insane. Is there anyway I hear hear or see this performance?

Sorry Lancemc, I think this was a onetime only live broadcast unless they release a CD of this event for further fundraising.

The event is being replayed on CBC west at 7pm western and Daniel played about 1hr and 10 minutes or so into the event. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
If anyone out there with the capacity to tape this performane would do so for me, I would try to compensate them any way I can...

If anyone is not familiar with Daniel Lanois' work I suggest you try to find a copy of Acadie, for the Beauty of Wynona, or his latest, Shine and give it a listen. You will not be dissappointed!:up:

Lancemc said:

If anyone is not familiar with Daniel Lanois' work I suggest you try to find a copy of Acadie, for the Beauty of Wynona, or his latest, Shine and give it a listen. You will not be dissappointed!:up:

I think I love Daniel Lanois almost as much as U2 :up:

You should also get Rockets, his newest CD. Its kind of hard to describe so I copied this from his website:

I always wanted a sort of renegade CD available at the merchandise stand. After having accepted the invitation to do a few shows with Dave Matthews, on Jennifer Tipoulow and Adam Samuels' encouragement I decided that the timing was right to put together a CD. It is a combination of live and studio alternative takes. Jennifer did the packaging and Adam did an in-house mastering, bypassing the usual complications of mastering. We then went straight to the factory and had them made up. Nice feeling of cottage industry.

Its a great CD with alternate takes of:

Power of One
jj Leaves LA
Sometimes (best song EVER)
Devil's Bed
The Maker

There are 10 songs in total but those are the ones I'm most familiar with.

Back
Top Bottom