Daddy's Gonna Pay...Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

prisz25

War Child
This song is AWESOME!!!

I love the drums at the beginning :drool:

Show your appreciation for a Zooropa treasure!!!!

Khanada is gonna jump all over this thread. This is her song. :wink:

Great rocker right in the middle of the album. Love that percussion! :drool:

When I heard daddy's gonna pay for the first time I thought this is THE worst U2 song. But now, especially after watching sydney video, I love it :drool: One of the bests from zooropa. After snippeting it on the first chicago show after the fly there are chances of live appearance again! At least I hope :drool:

This song is freakin' sexy, man. :drool: :drool:

If I ever lost my job and had to resort to exotic dancing to pay the bills, I'd dance to this song. And Mofo.

:wink:

If the Zoo TV era had a theme song, this would without a doubt be it. :yes:

corianderstem said:
If I ever lost my job and had to resort to exotic dancing to pay the bills, I'd dance to this song. And Mofo.

YES. AT THE SAME TIME. It synchs up perfectly.

Daddy's gonna pay....MOTHEEEERRRRRRR

:rockon:

corianderstem said:
This song is freakin' sexy, man. :drool: :drool:

If I ever lost my job and had to resort to exotic dancing to pay the bills, I'd dance to this song.

:applaud:
Definitely agree to that as 'Daddy's Gonna Pay' is one of Zooropa's BEST songs !! :bow:

Originally posted by corianderstem
And Mofo.:wink:

OMG !! Only one smiley here describes that song and it's this one ... :drool: :drool:

Sunday, monday, tuesday, wednesday, thursday, friday, saturday all right...

'Daddy's gonna pay!' ( BOOOM! *ZOO money all over... )

Love it..

jonnytakeawalk said:
I first heard it live on the Sydney ZOO tv video and absolutely loved it

Studio version is hardly as great though unfortunately. I can barely hear Bono's voice all the way through it

Sounds like a problem with your stereo settings. Not hard to hear his voice on my stereo, in my car, on my iPod, etc.

Daddy is all about Adam Clayton's knock-the-wall-down bass. If you want to damage someone's speakers, crank Daddy on their system. You got a head full of traffic.

I personally think it's one of the worst on Zooropa, really seems to split the album up. But live... it's just infinitely better. Definitely has something to do with Mr MacPhisto. And the ZooTV money.

AH-HA

SHA-LA

ah HA
sha LA

I LOVE ZOOROPA!

At first I wasn't too keen on the Daddy's Gonna Pay song but the more I hear it the more I love it and I would LOVE to hear it LIVE!

COBL_04 said:
What is MacPhisto? I hear about it all the time!

MacPhisto was imagined by Bono to be a corrupted future version of the Fly character who had become an amalgam of The Devil and Las Vegas-era Elvis Presley. (This character would subsequently figure prominently in the 1995 music video for "Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me" lifted from the soundtrack of the movie Batman Forever. The video featured an animated version of Bono as a rock star battling between two personas: the Fly and MacPhisto, which was intended to parallel the conflict between Bruce Wayne's ordinary playboy persona and his crime-fighting Batman persona.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoo_TV_Tour#Bono.27s_Personas

COBL_04 said:
What is MacPhisto? I hear about it all the time!

:hyper:*excited by impending Zooropa purchase*:hyper:

Look at my avatar :wink:

Crashed Car it's one of the 5 U2 songs I hate the most. But the ZOO TV sydney performance it's cool.

:mac:

Back
Top Bottom