Christmas songs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reptile347

The Fly
I wonder why U2 don't do any Christmas songs?
Its been about 15 years since they did one (Baby please come home) and that was the only official one they ever did.
POE is not a Christmas song realley and Happy Christmas does not count because it was only done one time on some Irsh TV show.

Imagine if U2 did an album of Christmas songs. Interference would have its most spectacular flame wars ever. :drool:

So...what will be the first shot of this flame war? I'm predicting something along the lines of...

Zootles: "(Starts new thread) Little Drummer Boy sounds like HTDAAB"

Chizip: "So does your mom"

Zootles: " :mad: "

Axver: "Hey, don't say such terrible things about people's mothers. :rolleyes: "

xaviMF22: "ATYCLB >>>>>>>> HTDAAB bitches1!1!!!"

LemonMelon: "Nuh uh."

Doctorwho: "Philistines. :tsk: "

Ponkine: " :banghead: "

Last edited:
LemonMelon said:
Axver: "Hey, don't say such terrible things about people's mothers. :rolleyes: "

:tsk:

You got it all wrong. Here's the CORRECT version:

Axver: "Hey, don't say such terrible things about people's mothers. :rolleyes: On a related note, Bono has sung snippets involving the word 'mother' 351 times! 356 if you count the word 'Mum' too!"

Axver said:

:tsk:

You got it all wrong. Here's the CORRECT version:

Axver: "Hey, don't say such terrible things about people's mothers. :rolleyes: On a related note, Bono has sung snippets involving the word 'mother' 351 times! 356 if you count the word 'Mum' too!"

...And the list continues to grow.

He must have some sort of fixation.

A dog must have bit him when he was at his mother's knees whilst drinking honey-laced tea. :(

I think they should have at least ONE other Christmas song dont you ? :wink:

LemonMelon said:
So...what will be the first shot of this flame war? I'm predicting something along the lines of...

Zootles: "(Starts new thread) Little Drummer Boy sounds like HTDAAB"

Chizip: "So does your mom"

Zootles: " :mad: "

xaviMF22: "ATYCLB >>>>>>>> HTDAAB bitches1!1!!!"

LemonMelon: "Nuh uh."

Doctorwho: "Philistines. :tsk: "

Ponkine: " :banghead: "

LemonMelon: I shall write a review of this so-called Xmas album on Amazon and it shall be the greatest review of all time. Yes, bow before me.

Ponkine: This Xmas album is brilliant compared to the crap that was ATYCLB and HTDAAB.

DoctorWho: I wonder where the album is charting in Australia?

Sting2: I know all chart information - I have a chip built into my brain that spews forth such statistics.

DoctorWho: Brilliant!

LemonMelon: Anyone read my Amazon review - bow before me - I said bow!

Bonochick: No threatening of people on Interference. And I love the Xmas album and my b/f.

Martha: U2 released a Xmas album?

50000 members of Interference: Can we all have mp3's of the songs? Here's our e-mail addresses!!

Elvis: Sorry, no sharing of officially released material.

Sicy: What he said.

But what would be the ideal U2 Christmas song (and I'm not counting Christmas Baby Please Come Home)?

It would have to rhyme the words kneel and believe. It would have to include a reference to the Virgin Mary's eyes -- blue, brown? There would be some image of angels and bright lights. Plus lurve, lurve, lurve, lurve all over the world.

And a solo after the bridge for Edge.

Maybe they can do a Christmas song exploring the relationship between Mary & Joseph? I don't think I've heard one before. Something about how God's love brought the two of them together, how they had to learn to believe and trust one another even though they were complete strangers. That they both were afraid of what lied before them but moved forward in their faith, and let their hopes for a better life and for God's promises guide them.

With so much exploration of relationship that goes into the lyrics...I think if anyone they could be the band to do it. But damn, writing all that almost makes me want to write the song.

doctorwho said:

LemonMelon: I shall write a review of this so-called Xmas album on Amazon and it shall be the greatest review of all time. Yes, bow before me.

Ponkine: This Xmas album is brilliant compared to the crap that was ATYCLB and HTDAAB.

Sting2: I know all chart information - I have a chip built into my brain that spews forth such statistics.

Bonochick: No threatening of people on Interference. And I love the Xmas album and my b/f.

50000 members of Interference: Can we all have mp3's of the songs? Here's our e-mail addresses!!

:lmao: You know everyone to well !!!

doctorwho said:

Yes, I am the next Bono. Messianic complex and all. :(

Aygo said:
15 years since Christmas (Baby please come home)? But isn't this performance from 1987 (88?) ?

I think it was released later on a Special Christmas but only the more reason then its been almost 20 years.

I know its a one time of year thing but its been long enough between songs to have another that its not too big a deal.
If Bono wrote a new one instead of doing a cover it would probably be good for any time of the year not just Christmas with his lyrical talent.

and "do they know it's xmas?"???
bono did it last year...with the new band aid..
I prefer 85's band aid...with freddie...
I'd like too u2 singing jingle bells :D
the cd will be called "your xmas' holiday with u2"
I want it, I want it...

babyu2lover said:
and "do they know it's xmas?"???
bono did it last year...with the new band aid..
I prefer 85's band aid...with freddie...
I'd like too u2 singing jingle bells :D
the cd will be called "your xmas' holiday with u2"
I want it, I want it...

that was 2004 and band aid was 1984... in 2004 Bono had a big fight with Justin Hawkins(dunno who he is anywayz) and Robbie Williams over 'his' line... Bono won, but he didn't sang it very well anywayz... I prefer the '84 band aid aswell, has no Chris martin in it...

The U2 Xmas mix:

So This is Christmas (War is Over)
Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)
Do They Know It's Christmas
Peace On Earth ("hear it ever Christmas time...")
If God Will Send His Angels ("see Father Christmas with a begging bowl...")
Angel of Harlem ("New York like a Christmas tree...")

...any others I've missed?

i THINK there was one time when they covered "white christmas" live.
i used to have a save file project full of christmasy songs that U2 did, but they got deleted when save file crashed, so i'll have to look through my harddrive again -____-

tuwie said:
i THINK there was one time when they covered "white christmas" live

Correct. Bono sung White Christmas to open the encore on 1989-12-16, Dortmund.

LyricalDrug said:
The U2 Xmas mix:

So This is Christmas (War is Over)
Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)
Do They Know It's Christmas
Peace On Earth ("hear it ever Christmas time...")
Angel of Harlem ("New York like a Christmas tree...")

...any others I've missed?

and

What’s that you say to me
Does love light up your Christmas tree

Back
Top Bottom