Caution Argument Ahead - Stuck In A moment is as good if not better than SYCMIOYO!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
don't know if it's better or worst than sometimes, but stuck is surely a beautiful soul song with heartful singing, and very underrated by many people.

regarding one, i believe it is the ultimate u2 song.

ahh, and if any of these belong to my top 63, or if i rank them as the 7th or the 91st best u2 song, is so important for music discussion as if chelsea will beat barcelona tonight.

The creator of this thread doesn't know what the **** they're talkin about and needs their ears checked.

SIAMYCGOO is average
SYCMIOYO is better than One

Stuck doesn't come anywhere near the heights of Sometimes. Stuck is decidedly average but Sometimes is a very powerful song, very close to the emotional wallop that One packs.

Stuck is one of my favorite songs on All that... and a beautiful song, but Sometimes is better - it rivals One IMO.

Sometimes is most definitely a better song than Stuck.

One however is U2's defining song and is often recognised as one of the better songs ever written. Neither of the above will get that recognition.

"Is it getting better, or do you feel the same?
Will it make it easier on you, Now you've got someone to blame?"

Absolutely no comparison.

The acoustic B-side version of Stuck is my favorite version of that song. Stripped down to its core, Stuck just might be a better song than Sometimes... in that regards. But full out, Sometimes... is a memorable song with a phenomenal change over in the second half. It is not that Stuck fails as a song. It just don't have build up and explosion anywhere on par with Sometimes... . I can't say it is as good as One or With or Without You. That takes time. As of this moment, I would say that Sometimes... is certainly on the right path to be considered a U2 classic.

the problem with sycmioyo is actuall at the end when bano is trying to sing loud it just sounds very horsey and forced !!!

now the vocals on ONE are like butter!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im actuall listening to one and sycmioyo back to back and bano sounds sooooooooooo good on "one" man what the hell happened to banos voice:sad:

intedomine said:

SYCMIOYO is better than One

Heheheheheheheheheheheeeeeeeeeeeheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheeh..............you got me there, I nearly thought YOU WERE SERIOUS!:huh:

rjhbonovox said:

Heheheheheheheheheheheeeeeeeeeeeheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheeh..............you got me there, I nearly thought YOU WERE SERIOUS!:huh:

Does anyone know if there's a way to force an age restriction on this site? Maybe 14 years and over. Would stop the kids from running riot.

roy said:

Does anyone know if there's a way to force an age restriction on this site? Maybe 14 years and over. Would stop the kids from running riot.

hehehe nice one Roy thats got me in stitches here.....you are sooooooooo funny. Damn my sides have just split!:huh:

Earnie Shavers said:
Sometimes is most definitely a better song than Stuck.

One however is U2's defining song and is often recognised as one of the better songs ever written. Neither of the above will get that recognition.

"Is it getting better, or do you feel the same?
Will it make it easier on you, Now you've got someone to blame?"

Absolutely no comparison.

True. However it also has the line "Did I ask too much, more than a lot?

I love One, it is amazing. I think line above is lame though "more than a lot?" Oh dear. It sticks out like a sore thumb and is the only bad line in the song, in my opinion. It's still an incredibly good song though!

shaun vox said:
the problem with sycmioyo is actuall at the end when bano is trying to sing loud it just sounds very horsey and forced !!!

now the vocals on ONE are like butter!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im actuall listening to one and sycmioyo back to back and bano sounds sooooooooooo good on "one" man what the hell happened to banos voice:sad:

Can anybody else hear an annoying little squeaking sound?

No - nor did I.

I love Stuck maybe more than Sometimes, people who bash Stuck I think they need to listen to it again, it's got a great melody, nice guitar and I love the trumpets lol, anyway theres no point in this arguing is there?

rjhbonovox said:
Yep its as good as the overrated SYCMIOYO and here's a prediction, it has more longevity than SYCMIOYO. Just listening to Stuck and its as good if not better. There is one thing that is for certain the mix and production is 100 times better than SYCMIOYO! Argue away!:wink:

Agree. SYCMOYO is a good song, But only a good (U2) song.
SIAM is one of few U2 songs I can listen as much as I want and not get sick of it. It really is something special.
And I don't see what's that bad with the production?!
Maybe a few well-thought-out critics would help me...? :huh:

To say either Stuck or Sometimes is better than One is BLASPHEMY! :wink:

Seriously though... I think Stuck and Sometimes are about equal in my view. Both have things that I don't like but overall they are still good songs to me. One has always been perfect to me.

Stuck can be boring or sound like it's dragging on which is why I like the live version better (as well as the accoustic). Sometimes - I don't like "Bano's" singing as much or how forceful/ forced it is vocally and sonically when it ends. I liked the IPod version of Sometimes better in the sense that Bono had more meditative sounding/ softer sounding vocals on that track. He didn't sing it especially, well but I liked the tone better. On the album version, Bono's trying to belt and his voice just doesn't sound good to me. How he sings the song just doesn't sound right to me.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention... One is infinitely better than Sometimes.... and don't even get me started with Stuck.

unnamed_streets said:
Oh yeah, forgot to mention... One is infinitely better than Sometimes.... and don't even get me started with Stuck.

Agreed, One is the most essential song in the history of music. Stuck and Sometimes are decent tunes with Stuck maybe shading it, just.:wink:

Okay, Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own and Stuck in a Moment That You Can't Get Out Of both suck because they have really long names which create annoying abbreviations. How can you praise gibberish like SYCMIOYO and SIAMTYCGOO? One, now, that's a song no one messes with. How would you abbreviate it? 1? Anyone that writes "1" will so get slapped for being stupid. So obviously One is the best song ever.

Stuck was too "poppy" for me, but when done live with only Edge's guitar there it was brilliant. I still dont think it is better than "Sometimes" though....maybe the acoustic version comes close, but not comparing the album versions.

And no, both don't come close to touching "One." And i love both tunes, so that gives an idea of how i worship the achtung classic.

Back
Top Bottom