CatDubh has the best sig I ever saw

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

truecoloursfly

The Fly
but I couldn't quote or paste it. But it's beeyootiful!!!

truecoloursfly
in blue and black...

------------------
***Grace makes beauty out of ugly things***

are you debbie sg?

im willing to be one trillion dollars on it that you are, and if you say you arent, well i still think you are, so dont bother disagreeing with me.

this goes for everyone.

------------------
-deathbear

I agree.... very awesome indeed. I would steal it but that's not cool.

mwah.gif

------------------
Spacejunk Coming In For The Splash

Sicy's Website

Originally posted by popkidu2:
I dunno, I just saw scatteroflight's and it was awesome. I mean, she frickin' quoted zaphod beeblebrox for god's sake. a quote from the absolute coolest cat that ever was and ever will be in the entire history of the universe. this is the guy who stole intergalactic spaceships for fun, who's sun glasses went black when there was danger. it doesn't get much more zippy than zaphod.

i think i gotta go rent that movie tonight.

Well, thank you, popkid
biggrin.gif

To be honest, that quote is completely unlike me, it is a very very long way from anything related to my personality. It just makes me fall on the ground howling with laughter. I read the whole Hitchhikers series again recently. It is just so funny. I might keep that sig a while longer.
biggrin.gif

Is there an actual movie of Hitchhikers?? I've read the books, I've read the original radio play scripts, and I even played the text adventure by Infocom. (Text adventures were so awesome! I loved them!) Except I only got up to the point near the beginning where Arthur and Ford were on the Vogon spaceship and you had to try and get the Babel fish in your ear. The darned thing always slipped out of your fingers or fell down the drain or something.

But...I didn't know there was a movie.

------------------
"I am so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis." -Zaphod Beeblebrox

well, not a movie movie. The BBC made a tv "series" out of it, but I'm sure it's available on video. Probably in the cult section of your local video store.

At my parents house we have a copy of it on video that we recorded, but I'm sure it's crap now b/c it's so old.

And, I heard that they ARE making a full length proper movie of it, but I don't know when it's coming out.

------------------
I can't change the world, but I can change the world in me.

They showed the TV series recently on BBC2, hasn't aged badly at all and it still rocks! first rate script, superb in-jokes, and Marvin!

I dunno, I just saw scatteroflight's and it was awesome. I mean, she frickin' quoted zaphod beeblebrox for god's sake. a quote from the absolute coolest cat that ever was and ever will be in the entire history of the universe. this is the guy who stole intergalactic spaceships for fun, who's sun glasses went black when there was danger. it doesn't get much more zippy than zaphod.

i think i gotta go rent that movie tonight.

Originally posted by truecoloursfly:
but I couldn't quote or paste it. But it's beeyootiful!!!

truecoloursfly
in blue and black...

Awww, thank you! Yeah, I think I'm a weee bit proud of it myself
biggrin.gif

------------------

u2_anim.gif

Back
Top Bottom