Bono's repeated flag-clutching

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Groovy

Babyface
there was a post here not too long ago about Bono's "staged" performance in clutching the US flag... and i can't seem to find it here now, but anyway, there was a link as well to a newspaper article in the thread...
i believe it was: http://www.youtwo.net/news_archives.adp?newsid=13622

i read the article and wrote a response but forgot to include it here..... so anyway, here it is for those who were disappointed to see the same thing happen more than once:

--------------------------------------------

I think that early on this leg of the tour Bono clutched the flag for the first time in an unplanned and spontaneous gesture and it was truly genuine and a spectacular moment... but being that it was spectacular, i think he was attempting to recreate that moment for fans who did not get to experience that moment...
and being the flamboyant singer that he is, it would only have been natural for him to express it again for the fans in the subsequent cities on the tour...
we do not know his motives for sure but we can guess depending on how well we know him
(this applies for anyone in our lives)

personally i think he cares....
(it's just hard to recreate genuinely sincere and moving gestures for over 3 months in a row....)

be encouraged,
Kelvin

--------------------------------------------

Uveee... hahaha! it's been a long while since chattin' days.... yeah, i haven't been there for awhile.... last i heard they were having the Interference Chat Awards...
hahahahahaha! that would be a blast to have people buzz about it.... last time i was there (about a week ago), people were soliciting votes already.... really funny! LOL.... i was as usual doing the nutty and up to me shananigans again... ;-)
it was fun... the whole gang was there... all those that at least chat in the room and play up a storm.... i will be back at chat.... soon.... ;-)

by the way,

in a shit storm, you better know which direction the wind is blowing....

have fun be good and laugh a lot!

332%3A%3A98%3B23232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3234%3E9%3A3%3E4%3A8%3EWSNRCG%3D3232374%3B38697nu0mrj

Well I was standing near the guy whose flag he hugged in Atlanta and I think it was just AWESOME!! He bent down right in our faces and had an honestly sweet and concerned look in his eyes. He held the guy's hand and thanked him. It was a nice moment.

Back
Top Bottom