Bono Vs Freddy Mercury

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Who is the best singer of these two?

• Bono

Votes: 47 57.3%
  • Freddy Mercury

Votes: 35 42.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
image1kh7.gif

/thread

Aygo said:
Mercury is the big voice, perhaps one of the best voices of the last 40 years. Ok, he could make those vibrations and tricks (watch Queen's live registrations), but he never had the same vesatility (techniques, music styles,...) as Bono or even Bowie, for instance. These last ones were different in that way.

Freddie didn't have versatility? :huh:

I can't believe what some of you people are saying. Freddie has shown more versatility in some Queen songs than Bono in his entire fucking career.

Axver said:
Freddie has shown more versatility in some Queen songs than Bono in his entire fucking career.
I know, man , they're Fucking crazy.

Axver said:

Freddie didn't have versatility? :huh:

I can't believe what some of you people are saying. Freddie has shown more versatility in some Queen songs than Bono in his entire fucking career.

No no no, you don't understand. :tsk: The only song Queen ever wrote was We Will Rock You. They did absolutely stuff-all in the 70s. Freddie had only one style of singing. :tsk:

Axver said:
Freddie Mercury = best rock vocalist ever. I don't think it's even a question. Anyone who says Freddie didn't have emotion clearly hasn't listened to Queen. The man's ability, delivery, stage presence, power, everything was absolutely stunning and Bono can't even compare. The closest Bono ever got was on Lovetown.

I never said Freddie's voice doesn't have emotion. I just think Bono's has even more.

Bono's shades said:

I never said Freddie's voice doesn't have emotion. I just think Bono's has even more.
Bono's voice in 'emotional mode' sounds like a choking dog.

GibsonGirl said:

No no no, you don't understand. :tsk: The only song Queen ever wrote was We Will Rock You. They did absolutely stuff-all in the 70s. Freddie had only one style of singing. :tsk:

:tsk:

it came out the same year as The Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Wall.

my favorite Queen album is Bohemian Rapcity :drool:

GibsonGirl said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEzbk4IbSSw

Someone please watch that and try to tell me that Bono is a better overall performer than Freddie Mercury.

But Freddie ... doesn't have a white flag! Or ramble before One for ten years! Or wear wraparound shades all the time! Or pluck girls out of the crowd during WOWY! Or forget more lyrics than he remembers! So Bono has to be better!!!!111!!11

Hey, guys, I just realised something! Freddie Mercury is just a Chris Martin clone. I mean, he also sings and plays piano, which we all know was invented by Chris Martin. So Freddie must suck. :tsk:

Axver said:
Hey, guys, I just realised something! Freddie Mercury is just a Chris Martin clone. I mean, he also sings and plays piano, which we all know was invented by Chris Martin. So Freddie must suck. :tsk:

Easy there tiger. Most of us like freddie. Most of us acknowledge that
he is a MUCH better technical singer than bono. But he just doesn't move me the way Bono does. there are literally, THOUSANDS of bands out there that can play better than U2. Right now. One of them just finished jamming in my basement a couple of minutes ago. Singers who can out-sing bono, out-play edge, larry and adam and I could give two shits. Big fucking deal. They're great musicians. congrats to them. Now go write and perform a songs as great as WTSHNN and get back to me.

p.s.- and Wild Irish Rose sucks. :mad:

Matthew_Page2000 said:

Easy there tiger. Most of us like freddie. Most of us acknowledge that
he is a MUCH better technical singer than bono. But he just doesn't move me the way Bono does. there are literally, THOUSANDS of bands out there that can play better than U2. Right now. One of them just finished jamming in my basement a couple of minutes ago. Singers who can out-sing bono, out-play edge, larry and adam and I could give two shits. Big fucking deal. They're great musicians. congrats to them. Now go write and perform a songs as great as WTSHNN and get back to me.

Ah, but you see, that's not what this thread is about.

Peterrrrr said:
When people talks about wich person who got the best voice ever these two guys often come on everbodys mind, so who's got the best voice ever?

This thread and this poll is about who has the better VOICE. Meaning who is, technically, a better singer. You even said yourself that Freddie was a better technical singer than Bono. Did you vote for Freddie in the poll?

Dylan... hands down...

:shifty:

Freddy... all the way... just go listen WE WILL ROCK YOU (fast) or TIE YOUR MOTHER DOWN for rock and roll, and THE WORLD THAT WE CREATED or WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER? for emotion...

Bono's great... and I try and can sing like he does... but Queen?... way out of ANYONE's league... (ok, maybe not Rob Halford)

Matthew_Page2000 said:

Easy there tiger. Most of us like freddie.

I know. It was a sarcastic joke based on the long-running "Chris Martin invented music" comments.

:tsk:

GibsonGirl said:

Ah, but you see, that's not what this thread is about.

This thread and this poll is about who has the better VOICE. Meaning who is, technically, a better singer. You even said yourself that Freddie was a better technical singer than Bono. Did you vote for Freddie in the poll?

Right, so it's also not about who's a better stage performer.

And by the way, watching that clip you provided, only showed a typical overblown classic rock front-man. :lol: I can't believe you actual said "Watch this and tell me blah blah blah". Honestly, I love Freddie, and I do think he's a better singer technically, I'd hardly say he has a better stage presence than the B man. I don't care how good the musicians of Queen are (and I've never heard One Vision before, but in that clip it sort of blows) they just can't match the passion of a U2 show. But again, this is still off topic.

This will be a bit off topic, and isn't directed at anyone in particular, but I think the only people who can properly compare a U2 show to a Queen show are the ones who have actually seen both live (this obviously doesn't count the recent incarnation of Queen!).

Freddie is far and away the most technically superior singer, so much range and emotion, just the best :up:.

Lancemc said:
And by the way, watching that clip you provided, only showed a typical overblown classic rock front-man. :lol:

And Bono isn't the definition of a typical overblown classic political rocker?

MacHat said:
This will be a bit off topic, and isn't directed at anyone in particular, but I think the only people who can properly compare a U2 show to a Queen show are the ones who have actually seen both live (this obviously doesn't count the recent incarnation of Queen!).

Freddie is far and away the most technically superior singer, so much range and emotion, just the best :up:.

I saw Queen at Wembley in 1986. I was a bigger U2 fan but Queen outshone them in concert at the time. They were awesome live and Freddie's stage presence was just incredible. Vocally I think he was much the better singer too although he didn't have Bono's passion. It's a close call but the ZOO TV concert I saw at Wembley though I think certainly matched if not bettered Queen's 86 performance.

Freddie.

I prefer to listen to Bono, but quite frankly there's no contest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom