Bono to induct R.E.M into the R & R Hall of Fame???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
All I see on VH1 is shows about lists and top stupid things celebrities did. Actually I think the channel is dedicated to shows about celebrities and lists.

Didn't VH1 have a music award show but changed the name of the show as well as the focus from music to celebrities?

david said:
I think Patti Smith should induct REM.

that's funny because i sort of think michael stipe should induct patti.

that would be rad. inductees inducting each other.

I'm just bitter about never getting to see videos anymore (unless it's before 8 am, and then it's the same 5 videos for three months in a row).

I'm a big pop culture junkie and don't hate VH1. Just sadly bitter. Sometimes.

JCOSTER - I don't think the general public can get tix to the event. And even those attending have to pay thousands per person, if memory serves me correctly. Actually I had a friend a few years back who wanted to attend when AC/DC got inducted and he said he bought 2 tickets off of ebay for $300-500 each, and sold the extra one, I think. :shifty:

u2granny said:
According to Rolling Stone it will be Eddie Vedder.

is that online or in the new print edition?

do they mention who will be the other "inductors of the inductees?"

i wold love to see bono do it instead ...

Oh wow, do I not want them to do Everybody Hurts.

Their short set should rock, not put everyone to sleep.

cg said:

is that online or in the new print edition?

do they mention who will be the other "inductors of the inductees?"

i wold love to see bono do it instead ...

It was just a little blurb in the issue with John Mayer on the cover.

^^
okay. cool.
thanx for the info u2granny ...

Lila64 said:
JCOSTER - I don't think the general public can get tix to the event. And even those attending have to pay thousands per person, if memory serves me correctly. Actually I had a friend a few years back who wanted to attend when AC/DC got inducted and he said he bought 2 tickets off of ebay for $300-500 each, and sold the extra one, I think. :shifty:

Thanks Lila, I thought that was the way it worked.

cg said:
If, as rumored, Bono, Bruce and Beyonce are there as presenters - that's some star power. Plus, R.E.M. and Van Halen as inductees ... someone will air it. I can't imagine it won't be aired.

The other question is whether the Bono to induct R.E.M. rumor is true. It makes sense, but who knows for sure ...

Is this going to be in NYC???
:reject:

i don't have all this time/$ to check all the various sites for stuff these days! :madspit:

Last edited:
I and I in the said:
I predict REM will play:

Radio Free Europe
Losing My Religion
Everybody Hurts with either Bono or Vedder.

At the Gerogia Music Hall of Fame, the set was "Begin the Began," "Losing My Religion," and "Man on the Moon," if that's any indicatin.

"Everyboedy Hurts" with Bono.... :drool:

REM, Patti Smith, Van Halen, the Ronettes, & Grandmaster Flash are the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame class of 2007. The Festivities will be held March 12th at the Waldorf Astoria in New York City

u2granny said:
According to Rolling Stone it will be Eddie Vedder.

Even better than Bono!
That would mean that Vedder would play Begin the Begin with R.E.M. :drool:

dazzledbylight said:

did you make your Siggy, corriander!?!

I cannot take credit for it. Unfortunately, I don't know who made it. Alas.

I don't even want to hear Everybody Hurts with a guest. Love REM, but I have an unholy hatred of that song. (Love the video, though.)

VH1 would actually have to be affiliated with music in some way to broadcast this. However, they are not anymore.

Lila64 said:
REM, Patti Smith, Van Halen, the Ronettes, & Grandmaster Flash are the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame class of 2007. The Festivities will be held March 12th at the Waldorf Astoria in New York City

:shocked: OMG I THOUHT Patti had been kicked off the Final Nominees list YET again THIS year!
THANKS Lila for the info !!!

:lock:The Patti Smith Band!!!:lock:

Short of 'hell' or a raging blizzard at that point...i'll be outside the hotel.... even if my "B-men" aren't there as presenters, or aren't known to be attending~~I'd want to cheer Patti in !

YAY for everyone else, too!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom