Bono snubbed by another major publication

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flying FuManchu

New Yorker
Used to live in Chambana. For now the Mid-South.
This is so wrong and it makes me so mad that Bono doesn't get the credit that he deserves! Just look at that article/ list and you know that this magazine hates Bono. They ignore his contributions to the music world and to social causes. It just makes me :sad: :mad: :censored: :scream: :rant: :angry: :yell: when reading this. Bono deserves more!

Here is the link to the article Bono being snubbed

We need to e-mail them and get the word out that Bono deserves better!

Flying FuManchu said:
This is so wrong and it makes me so mad that Bono doesn't get the credit that he deserves! Just look at that article/ list and you know that this magazine hates Bono. They ignore his contributions to the music world and to social causes. It just makes me :sad: :mad: :censored: :scream: :rant: :angry: :yell: when reading this. Bono deserves more!

Here is the link to the article Bono being snubbed

We need to e-mail them and get the word out that Bono deserves better!

I hope you are not being serious:|

I think Bono would be happy not to be on this list. He's a sensitive man. :wink:

I'm more surprised they left Hitler and most of the Nazi party out. Not too many of them were very large.

Bono's never going to get over this rejection, the poor boy. :hug:

I could really give a shit what the world thinks of Bono. Bono's only 1/4 of U2 and I got into the band for the music, not Bono's admirable political life.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

Yeah, I think I'd be more disappointed if he made a list in Maxim.

So the "Miss Ireland Bikini Model 1997" copy I have featuring Bono in a fetching leapard print is of no interest to you?

Earnie Shavers said:

So the "Miss Ireland Bikini Model 1997" copy I have featuring Bono in a fetching leapard print is of no interest to you?

:hmm: I'll have to get back to you on that...

Ellay said:
How tall is Bono anyway?
There's some 'official' thing that says he's 5'8, but according to other sources it's more like 5'6.

Those heights are without the platforms though. With the platforms he wears he'd be about 6'2.

Meghan said:

There's some 'official' thing that says he's 5'8, but according to other sources it's more like 5'6.

Those heights are without the platforms though. With the platforms he wears he'd be about 6'2.

I really think he is 5'5, he stood directly across from me on stage and we were at the same level and I am 5'5.

I don't care how tall/short Bono is. It makes no difference whatsoever. He's a fine man, a fine musician and has done more then any of us here to bring a little light and hope into worlds that are otherwise dark.

We should remember that he was/is uncomfortable about his height and therefore leave discussions like this in the bin - where they belong.

JCOSTER said:

I really think he is 5'5, he stood directly across from me on stage and we were at the same level and I am 5'5.

5'5 of packed solid hotness!!!! (obligatory :drool:) JCOSTER, when did you get on stage? You are SOOO lucky!

Last edited:
Meghan said:

I'm 5'7 and standing next to him, he's still taller than I am. I'd say without his shoes he's between 5'7 and 5'8. 5'5 is too short. He *looks* shorter because his legs are short.

Im really feeling my all of my 5'4 after hearing higher heights on here,lol. Oh and it's wrong that Bono got snubbed but at least we know he does get recognized by others! Would be more upset if he were constantly snubbed by other publications.

Yeah, I'm 5' 6" and Bono stood right infronnt of me when he gave me his autographed and he was definately taller than me. And here's photographic proof...

bonohotel12sc.jpg

Yes and I agree with the starter of this thread that it's an outrage that they left Bono out of the list!!!:mad:

:wink:

hcbiggs2002 said:
Yeah, I'm 5' 6" and Bono stood right infronnt of me when he gave me his autographed and he was definately taller than me. And here's photographic proof...

bonohotel12sc.jpg

Yes and I agree with the starter of this thread that it's an outrage that they left Bono out of the list!!!:mad:

:wink:

Just out of curiosity, what were you wearing on your feet? Flats or heels?

What I didn't realise is that Edge isn't all that tall either. I'm 5'6 and when I stood next to him in Toronto, he didn't seem that much taller than me. He has to be under 6'0. I couldn't really tell with Bono, because when he came out people were shoving and hyperventilating all over the place and I couldn't get any good height judgement.

Back
Top Bottom