Bono on TRL 12/01

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chazman151

War Child
They announced on TRL that they would have a premiere from U2 tomorrow (Thursday) - obviously OOTS.

Also mentioned that they would be "chatting with rock legend Bono."

I believe the "chat" took place last week when the band was in NYC (there was sightings of Bono coming out of MTV studios).

bono.jpg

It's at 4:00 in the midwest, so 5:00 on the east coast and I think 2:00 on the west coast. I'm very excited though, my sister came in and told me that Bono would be on TRL and I said that I would actually have to watch it for once.

I thought TRL was live...maybe just a filmed interview...not that I'm complaining

onebloodonelife said:
It's at 4:00 in the midwest, so 5:00 on the east coast and I think 2:00 on the west coast. I'm very excited though, my sister came in and told me that Bono would be on TRL and I said that I would actually have to watch it for once.

:applaud: I'll be home in time from work to see it! :hyper:

chazman151 said:

Yes. That's right. U2 is good at EVERYTHING :drool:

onebloodonelife said:

I'm not staying after school, then. I'm going home so I can watch U2. I like U2 a lot, you see.

Thanks for the heads up! :up:

I'm going to have to call my cable company to find out what channel MTV is on.

Last edited:
well, minus the time U2 were on back before the Elevation tour, with the annoying Carson Daly... but I had caught that by accident, while channel flipping... (which is very fun, btw, heh). a very funny interview. anyone remember that one? with the cardboard adam?

:wink:

Haha, I remember the cardboard Adam.

TRL, huh. I too haven't watched it since the days I was into the Backstreet Boys. :reject: I guess this is a good thing, with all of Bono's talk about wanting to reach out to a younger audience. TRL viewers are young... very young. A lot of screaming 13-year old girls. (... which makes OOTS appropriate... in a way?)

Could someone please capture it to share it with the rest of us?

I'll be at work all day and then I'm going to help out in a World AIDS Day event in my city.

So I won't even be home all day.

I would love to see Bono on TRL. ;)

Thanks for your help in advance.

Ok, I took one for the team this afternoon and watched parts of TRL. It's on at 5 PM here on the correct coast. The perky little hostess mentioned B at the end of the show. Now we need a willing person to watch this stupid show and tell us when he's on so we don't have to watch/tape the whole thing. I have to go to a staff holiday dinner at a seafood restaurant tomorrow when it's on. :yuck: I'm going to tape the part with the video if someone is kind enough to tell us when it's on.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
like oh.. my... god... no f'ing way.

carson daly and bono in the same place

i might just like freak

no you asshole carson daly doesnt do trl anymore!!! why are you so 1999??????

Headache in a Suitcase said:
like oh.. my... god... no f'ing way.

carson daly and bono in the same place

i might just like freak

carson daly needs a nice hot fork stuck up his annoying ass, thats what. (oh and his new late night show is a piece of shit)

i miss the old days of MTV....

and i miss kurt loder, when he'd host every damn thing...

StlElevation said:

no you asshole carson daly doesnt do trl anymore!!! why are you so 1999??????

I thought he still hosts only when there's a "huge" star (like Eminem, Snoop Dogg, Mariah Carey, etc) making an appearance. Yeah, Carson, like you're the only one who can handle their "greatness". LOL.

But isn't there some other MTV dude that's always on when U2's involved? He did a lot of MTV coverage of Elevation and claims he's one of U2's biggest fans, I think. :rolleyes: Not Kurt Loder.

I remember the last time they went on that fucking show.

Bono being Bono turned to Carson Tooly and said "it's good to be on TLR"

I don't know if he intenionally did it or not, as if to say "who cares what this is called, just buy the album" or what the hell ever.

Bono is a Whore.

Back
Top Bottom