Bono Headlining American Idol Charity Show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I thought his last appearance was rather decent. IMO it was clear that he tried to keep his distance and didn't get too involved in the whole show. Bono is smart, he knows how to reach a big audience and AI has big ratings, it's one of the most popular shows, aimed at a younger audience. I don't think we'll see him performing. And he's too nice to be in the jury. :wink:

I wonder what the rest of the band think to him getting involved?

I was kinda hoping we'd have a cool aloof U2 back, I'd love to see The Fly doing this kind of thing... You know, f**king up the mainstream... But 2007/8 Bono doing this is just a bit lame IMO...

Honestly, I don't think Bono cares about this stuff being "lame" or "uncool" or whatever right now, because his priorities have changed. If the band could handle his restless campaigning for years, they can handle this as well. Probably better than we think.

Whatever your opinion is about American Idol, the show still gets millions of viewers. If you want to reach a lot of people, it's a good platform.

Headlining? Please...Fergie is gonna be there :wink:

I love when people get their panties in a twist when Bono does these appearances. "ONOZ Bono is way 2 kewl for Amerkun Idle!!!!!11!!1". I love priorities...screw raising some cash for poor kids, my image of Bono is way more important.

Jeez, what's the big deal? It's not like Bono is trying out for American Idol. He's met with a lot of much weirder people/events over the years to come together and fight poverty. It's something to be truly admired.

Frankly it's disturbing that some people care more about Bono's "coolness" image (and imo, Bono has always done these "uncool" things to show these issues and make a difference) rather than the potential of this event to raise money and awareness for children in need. Priorities, people!

Back
Top Bottom