Bono and Edge at R.E.M. gig

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
DublinGuy said:

Sorry to heighten your drool-levels but it will actually be three times! Just flukey because they are doing these gigs in Ireland. There is hardly ever anything as cool as this happening here! Besides when U2 play of course!

Oh, so lucky! Do you think they're going to stick to the same songs for each show, or do different ones each night? I'd be happy to hear NTL three times :D It sounds like it was a great set, with all those early songs!

BuffaloOnTheMov said:

Oh, so lucky! Do you think they're going to stick to the same songs for each show, or do different ones each night? I'd be happy to hear NTL three times :D It sounds like it was a great set, with all those early songs!

Yeh, it seems like the gigs will mainly comprise new songs and very old songs that have a similar sound. They're new songs definitely sound more exciting and up-tempo than the stuff on their last album. The tickets were mainly distributed through their fanclub so I suppose if they were ever going to leave out Losing My Religio, Everybody Hurts etc, these are the gigs for it. I would still like to hear a few songs from Monster and New Adventures though. They definitely are not gigs for the casual fan anyway. The most famous song played last night was probably Electrolite which is obviously far from being their most famous song. If only U2 did some small gigs with loads of obscure songs! U2 are probably too big unfortunately.

DublinGuy said:

Sorry to heighten your drool-levels but it will actually be three times! Just flukey because they are doing these gigs in Ireland. There is hardly ever anything as cool as this happening here! Besides when U2 play of course!
Three times :drool:

(I can't be too jealous or greedy, I got to see Peter Buck play with Robyn Hitchcock in a small club here last year. That was :cool: )

DublinGuy said:

The tickets were mainly distributed through their fanclub so I suppose if they were ever going to leave out Losing My Religio, Everybody Hurts etc, these are the gigs for it. I would still like to hear a few songs from Monster and New Adventures though. They definitely are not gigs for the casual fan anyway.

That's the feeling I got from what I've read about the show so far. If only I was closer to Dublin :(

Originally posted by DublinGuy

If only U2 did some small gigs with loads of obscure songs! U2 are probably too big unfortunately.

Wouldn't that be nice? I was so hoping for at least a few obscure songs when I saw U2 last year, but the only song that I was singing along to when no one else around me was, was The Fly. But I suppose you're right, U2 could never pull it off like R.E.M can, not being as huge as U2 are.

Originally posted by EdgeIsTooSexy

are they planning on touring after they release their new album?

Fingers crossed!

from atu2.com:

LOSING THEIR RELIGION: BONO, EDGE WATCH R.E.M. IN DUBLIN
July 02, 2007
posted by: m2

Our friend Xavi from Spanish site U2EastLink.com met Bono and Edge
tonight (Monday) in Dublin. They were there for an R.E.M. rehearsal gig
at the Olympia Theatre. Xavi tells us that Michael Stipe thanked Bono
and Edge early in the show for their continuing support. Xavi's story,
plus a couple photos, are on U2 East Link at the link below.

read the full account (en Espanol) at U2 East Link >>
http://www.u2eastlink.com/foro/read.php?1,1000345700,1000345700#msg

Extreme Bono close up!

I like the idea of what R.E.M. is doing. I've never been a huge R.E.M. fan but I do think they are an intelligent band.

Anyone know if boots are up from either of the first two, I'd love to hear some of the new material, and they've been playing stuff from all the way back on the Chronic Town EP.

Back
Top Bottom