Bold Positive Prediction: U2 To Mount The Mother Of All Comebacks (Thanks Mullen!) - Page 11 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-14-2005, 05:39 AM   #151
War Child

Local Time: 09:03 AM
Jick your opinions are narrow and something from Charlie and the Chocolate factory, it's like the part where the girl sticks her Chewing gum behind her ear to keep it fresh.
To think that an apology is going to make an album soar up the US charts is somewhat of a damaged thought.. it's like saying for you apologising for writing silly post's that everyone will suddenly start taking them seriously
I don't agree with you at all.. BE'LIE'VE

Old 02-14-2005, 05:48 AM   #152
Refugee

Local Time: 08:03 PM

Old 02-14-2005, 10:43 AM   #153
Refugee

Local Time: 01:03 AM
jick likes to think this pre sale fiasco is like u2 got accused of touching children like jackson. dude, no ones gives a shit about the pre sale thing, not on this epic level. it went down the charts and now proly go back up. or mabey it won't. whatever. the people who got screwed got thier money back. not the first time a artist fucked over the fans by choice or by accident. you can make a claim about metallica and napster, but not this. all this is, is a footnote in the next edition of u2 live docomentry. go read the book you;ll see shit worse then this happened and no long term damage. (or even realy short term!).
Old 02-14-2005, 12:29 PM   #154
New Yorker

Local Time: 02:03 AM
Old 02-14-2005, 03:01 PM   #155
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 06:03 PM
jick is alright.
he is not a blind follower but oft times annoying.

in the end he makes us think.

now if jick starts saying 'did u see how larry was trying to manipulate the fans w/that staged apology at the Grammys'?

he will be chased out of here for good.

i dont think jick will do this as he is a genuine fan albiet irritating sometimes.

peace,
db9
Old 02-14-2005, 07:51 PM   #156
Refugee

he shouldnt have even aplogized. thats how little i think of this thing. sorry. its more a glofied prviate matter then the public thing everyone thinks it is.
Old 02-16-2005, 04:27 PM   #157
Refugee

To all those who thought this ticket presale fiasco was minor, think again. When it started it was just among the fans. Then it grew bigger and was carried by the media.

Finally, we got the first version of the apology:

The Mullen Apology (U2.com version)

Then come the Grammies, instead of thanking their record execs and big bosses - U2 showed that their fans were their real boses by apologizing via Mullen in primetime TV:

The Mullen Apology (Primetime Vocal Version)

I just got word that after the speech, Mullen further apologized backstage to MTV News. This item was carried on the MTV news website. Mullen said:

"Our audience is very important to us; they've supported us through peaks and troughs and we haven't always made it easy for them. So when something like tickets go astray, and people wait online for hours, and they don't get the seats they want, or they don't get seats at all, it's hard for us. It's personal, because when you walk down the street, people say 'I tried to go to your concert, but I couldn't go.' So it's not like it's in the background, it's right in your face. Next time, we're going to make some changes in the way tickets are distributed. But you know what? We'll never get it right. There's always going to be scalpers, there's always going to be screw-ups. But we'll certainly not allow what happened this time to happen again. But we can't keep everybody happy all the time. We'd like to, but it's not possible."

You can check it here: http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/149...headlines=true

So I guess we now have a third version:

The Mullen Apology (MTV Version)

And if you add the version I made we already have a fourth version:

The Mullen Apology (J Mix)

...which can be found here:

http://forum.interference.com/t114464.html

I will try to brew a mix composed of the MTV version and the primetime Grammy version at a later date.

The Mullen Apology trancends all artist-to-fan barriers and has really shifted my overall view of the band. They are more than just musical geniuses with good business and marketing sense - they are human beings with genuine care and concern for their fans.

Mullen is THE man.

Cheers,

J
Old 02-16-2005, 04:30 PM   #158
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by jick

The Mullen Apology trancends all artist-to-fan barriers and have really shifted my overall view of the band. They are more than just musical geniuses with good business and marketing sense - they are human being with genuine care and concern for their fans.

Mullen is THE man.

Cheers,

J
I agree with you.
Old 02-16-2005, 04:45 PM   #159
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
The Mullen Apology trancends all artist-to-fan barriers and has really shifted my overall view of the band. They are more than just musical geniuses with good business and marketing sense - they are human beings with genuine care and concern for their fans.

Mullen is THE man.

Cheers,

J
I agree. I've always liked Larry's no-nonsense style, as Flanagan said, no one hates horse as much as he does. As befits a PLEBA girl, I'm starting what I trust will someday be a hugeass Larry collection in my photo accounts; I started it the day of the Open Letter.
Old 02-16-2005, 06:04 PM   #160
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by verte76

I agree. I've always liked Larry's no-nonsense style, as Flanagan said, no one hates horse as much as he does. As befits a PLEBA girl, I'm starting what I trust will someday be a hugeass Larry collection in my photo accounts; I started it the day of the Open Letter.
I left a message in your guestbook. Did you get it? Cool site.

Drop me an email privately, I'll send you a link to my own artwork -- not the one done in photoshop, but hand-drawn artwork and I'd love to know your opinion.

As for me, since U2 has no female member, perhaps I should start a collection of McGuinness' daughter's photos? Then subsequently Bono's daughters some ten years from now?

Cheers,

J
Old 02-16-2005, 06:20 PM   #161
New Yorker

Local Time: 02:03 AM
Jick - you have cheered me up - no easy task, as earlier tonight I thought I'd never smile again. Thankyou.
Old 02-16-2005, 09:04 PM   #162
Jesus Online

Local Time: 12:03 PM
Quote:

Drop me an email privately, I'll send you a link to my own artwork -- not the one done in photoshop, but hand-drawn artwork and I'd love to know your opinion.

Could you send me a link? Not sure if you have my email addy still, it's angelaharlem at hotmail, if you dont mind of course! I love looking at other's artistic talent
Old 02-16-2005, 09:36 PM   #163
Refugee

just casue the media carried it, dosn't mean its big. its means someone wanted to make it a big deal. i don't get manuiplated by the media sorry. i decied whats big and whats not in my eyes. this is not u2 history but a footnote in u2 biographys . And, your not even "not making sense" correctly. If this pre sale thing is causing this comeback, its not a "comeback". They already were popular and back in the limelight, all the way since ATYCLB, and the HTDDAB was already selling great, and then it went down. SOOO, if i agreed with this idea that this a comeback, i would use the word REBOUND. casue thats what it is doing no matter whats casusing it. REBOUND. THE ALBUM IS /GONNA /MIGHT REBOUND. it's not making a comeback , it's already here . A comeback is if joshua tree magicalty re entered the charts. So at least make sense if your not gonna make sense.
Old 02-16-2005, 10:46 PM   #164
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by allbecauseofu2
just casue the media carried it, dosn't mean its big. its means someone wanted to make it a big deal. i don't get manuiplated by the media sorry. i decied whats big and whats not in my eyes. ...
You must be a big Green Day fan:

"Don't wanna be an American idiot.
One nation controlled by the media.
Information nation of hysteria.
It's going out to idiot America."

Cheers,

J
Old 02-17-2005, 03:42 AM   #165
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by Angela Harlem

Could you send me a link? Not sure if you have my email addy still, it's angelaharlem at hotmail, if you dont mind of course! I love looking at other's artistic talent
Shoot me a private email. atyclb4ever at yahoo

Cheers,

J