Best Song Survivor: War Round Three

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your least favorite song?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
Only slightly less merciless than the slaughter of Red Light was the slaughter of The Refugee in the last round. Its depraved, heathen presence has finally been eliminated from the Holy Temple of Interference. It has been cast into the surrounding wasteland with Red Light. Eight songs remain to compete for War's three songs to quarterfinals. You have 24 hours to vote for your least favorite song, the next song to be kicked out of this contest. For anyone just joining us, rules may be found here.

War's ranking so far:
1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9) The Refugee
10) Red Light

:tongue: heh, just coincidence I happened to be online when you made the thread.

Well Surrender, it's time for you to surrender.

40 easily. Surrender is cool. Like the "got herself up to the 48th floor / gotta find out find out what she's living for" line.

40 was obviously great live but the studio version sounds like shit.

Yeah, the album version of 40 isn't much to write home about. For me it's either a vote for that or THBAO. Stuck with 40.

Don't want to see Surrender exit this early.

To me, this almost has a lot of very good, but not excellent, songs. It's hard to decide how to compare them. But it's a much better problem to have than that for Boy or October, for me. This really is a strong album.

3 votes for Like a Song already? This is troublesome.

40 is just some nonsense psalm and sounds unremarkable. More than happy to see it headed for a crushing elimination.

It's very difficult to choose one now, it's a classic album... I don't know what to vote, gonna choose a song which has no chance to go now. Drowning man, sorry. :sad:

Dangit. I don't think anything can save 40 now. I would easily vote out either Like a Song or Surrender at this point. Hmmm....

Yeah, that's just plain weird.

For the record, that was what my baffling comment was regarding in the last thread. Those people must not like good drumming. Or great sounding guitar. Or Bono at his very most passionate.

Two Hearts = one of U2's two or three worst singles.

Let's all make a pact to sink SBS in Round Four just to make things interesting.

I changed my mind about like a song after a few listens yesterday. Today I'll go for 2 hearts beat as one.
I really like the studio version of 40, such a sweet subtle ending to such a hard, loud beast of an album.

Dangit. I don't think anything can save 40 now. I would easily vote out either Like a Song or Surrender at this point. Hmmm....
what? :ohmy: really?!?

:wink:

I do ilke that song A LOT! But there'll be orther I love more! :D

I chose Like A Song

For me as a emegring fan from late 80 whom/still does think that while Boy October had 2-3 brilliant songs each (which is why i kept up with them, along with a really interesting print interview, plus the eventual promise of seeing them live)--War was their "Breakout Album" for me. I wouldn't see them live till UF. I had to give my War Tour tix up.

Wow I didn't know so many people disliked Like A Song... :ohmy: To me it's pretty much the 3rd best song on the entire album! Brilliant drumming, great guitar playing, good lyrics. Like SBS's little brother!

Frankly, for me the album is all about NYD and Like A Song. Honestly not sure what I would rank third. Those two are far and away the best tracks on War.

Like A Song is a good song, but come on it's Sunday Bloody Sunday. Yes, it's overplayed, it lacks energy sometimes these days, it doesn't have the same impact as before (eighties), but what a great song it is. Definitely one of the most well-known U2 anthems.

I love Sunday Bloody Sunday. The album version and the live versions up until ZooTV still sound fresh, but I always preferred Like a Song. It's such a visceral, powerful track.

Back
Top Bottom