Best Song Survivor: October Round One

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your least favorite song?

• Gloria

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rejoice

• Fire

• Tomorrow

• October

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
I Will Follow was eliminated in Boy's final round. Representing Boy in the early 1980s quarterfinal will be An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart, Out of Control, and The Electric Co. Now time to move onto voting for October. This round will determine the first song from October to be eliminated from this Survivor. Two songs from October will advance to the aforementioned quarterfinal round. You have 24 hours to vote for your least favorite song, the next song to be kicked out of this contest. For anyone just joining us, rules may be found here.

I call on all those who don't want Is That All? to be eliminated first round to vote the same way - If you want Is That All? to stick around, I suggest we all throw our votes at Scarlet or With a Shout. I'd target the latter.

Who's with me?

I was gonna vote for With a Shout anyway. I really don't see what's all that offensive about Is That All? As I've said before the lyrics and the music are a fascinating insight into the pressures and stress of recording the album. Definitely better than With a Shout. Scarlet is nice enough for me to want it to stick around. Were Nick still with us I'm sure he'd be rolling his eyes that it isn't eliminated first, because The Hive were influenced by it being played on 360.

Or perhaps he'd be professing his love for it given his "well-known personal connection" to the album.

I Fall Down. It's been my least favourite track from October since the first time I heard the album. Never ever warmed up to it.

Let's close the poll now, while it's in the lead. :wink:

I'll probably be turning on Stranger In A Strange Land or Is That All? next.

Scarlet is nice enough for me to want it to stick around. Were Nick still with us I'm sure he'd be rolling his eyes that it isn't eliminated first, because The Hive were influenced by it being played on 360.

:lol:

I'm curious to see whether the Tour Revival Effect does Scarlet any favours, since it's usually been one of the first to go - think it was second to be ousted last time. I'd like to go on record now as being a Scarlet defender from waaayyyy back before it was revived. I dug it before it was cool, all you hive mind hipsters.

Actually, I just remembered I want to vote Fire first as I never really warmed up (HA) to that one. But I'll wait in case I Fall Down needs saving. It shouldn't go first!

Of all your weird opinions, this is close to the top.

I guess it's just that I'm over October, the song, and it would've been much better had it been used as an intro to Tomorrow (as it was live) rather than being wedged between the more upbeat end of Tomorrow and With A Shout.

With A Shout's one of Larry's more notable moments and it's good fun.

If you asked me to rank the album's tracks now, I'd probably put these two about equal somewhere in the middle of the rankings.

I love this album, it's in my u2 top 6.

Is that all? is the only track that doesn't sound quite ready, I really like it so it's a tough choice, but is that all, you have to go.

Okay, now I really don't know what to vote for. I haven't listened to October in years, just really don't care for it.

The first 7 I at least vaguely recall. I remember Stranger being whiny, so I guess I'll go with that.

I'd rather not see Stranger depart this early, but I must protect Is That All? so it may take my vote.

intedomine said:
I call on all those who don't want Is That All? to be eliminated first round to vote the same way - If you want Is That All? to stick around, I suggest we all throw our votes at Scarlet or With a Shout. I'd target the latter.

Who's with me?

intedomine said:
I'd rather not see Stranger depart this early, but I must protect Is That All? so it may take my vote.

You're a dog and I hope you miss out on Gin Blossoms tickets

I like I Fall Down. I'll vote later to see if it needs saving.
I just listened to October the other day as a refresher. It's still my least favorite U2 album, but its certainly not THAT bad. I like a good part of it.

Of all your weird opinions, this is close to the top.

I completely agree with him. October doesn't really go anywhere. With A Shout (especially that BBC version from the remaster) is played with a lot more passion, there's really something going on in that song. October is just an intermezzo.

Stranger in a Strange Land is pretty awful so that one should go first.

With a Shout is great. The lyrics are cheesy but the song is pure energy, from Larry's drumming to Bono's performance.

All I care about on this album is I Threw a Brick Through a Window. And maybe Gloria.

Fire would be my first choice here, but since it would be a wasted vote I put it on Stranger. I honestly can't see why people prefer that track to all the others getting votes here. It's worse than all of them and almost as bad as Red Light.

:wink: Ok that's going too far. But I've tried to like Fire and just can't. :sigh:

Back
Top Bottom