Best Song Survivor: October Round I

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axver

Vocal parasite
Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song.

Welcome to the first round for October in Best Song Survivor! The object of this game is to find Interference's favourite U2 song. To do so, songs will be eliminated album-by-album in 24 hour long rounds to leave the favourites to contest a final that will determine the very favourite. Only original U2 songs with official studio releases will compete. Due to dominating past tournaments and the inevitable likelihood that they will do the same this time, Where The Streets Have No Name and One are not in the tournament and can be assumed default equal #1 over and above the ultimate winner.

In Boy's last round, An Cat Dubh was eliminated. This means that I Will Follow, Out Of Control, and The Electric Co. progress to the early eighties quarter-final. Now we move onto the October album.

RESULTS FOR BOY
11. The Ocean
10. Shadows And Tall Trees
9. Stories For Boys
8. Into The Heart
7. A Day Without Me
6. Another Time, Another Place
5. Twilight
4. An Cat Dubh
1-3. QUARTER-FINALISTS: I Will Follow, Out Of Control, The Electric Co.

LAST ROUND'S RESULTS
49 votes: An Cat Dubh
31: I Will Follow
9: Out Of Control
7: The Electric Co.
(Total votes: 96)

Hey guys, when Bono falls down, he's falling down. Who knew!

Easy choice here. Is That All? isn't much either, but I Fall Down bugs me sometimes.

My vote goes to Fire, but these will all be hard choices for me, I love this album. And I love Is That All, so I will probably be going :( soon I suppose.

Has to be Is That All, I'm growing to like With A Shout.
Gutted about An Cat Dubh in the last round.

1. Gloria
2. Tomorrow
3. October
4. Rejoice
5. I Fall Down
6. I Threw Bono Through A Window
7. Fire
8. With A Shout
9. Stranger In A Strange Land
10. Scarlet
11. Is That All?

Wow, my four least favorite tracks are the last four on the album, in order. Jeez this album ends terribly. But there are some gorgeous moments, too.

Gutted about An Cat Dubh in the last round.

Yeah, what a bugger that was. Sending through IWF and OOC is painfully predictable. October gets only two songs into the final ... will be interesting to see which two, since I imagine all four of Gloria, Rejoice, Tomorrow, and October are in with a shot. Personally, I'd like it to be Gloria and Rejoice, though I wouldn't be disappointed if Tomorrow replaced either one of them. October, on the other hand? I think it's pretty over-rated by U2 fans. I'd rank this album:

1. Gloria
2. Rejoice
3. Tomorrow
4. Scarlet
5. I Threw A Brick
6. Fire
7. With A Shout
8. October
9. Stranger In A Strange Land
10. Is That All?
11. I Fall Down

4-6 and are essentially equal too.

01. Gloria
02. October
03. Is That All?
04. Rejoice
05. Tomorrow
06. Fire
07. I Threw A Brick Through A Window
08. With A Shout
09. I Fall Down
10. Stranger In A Strange Land
11. Scarlet

1. Gloria
2. October
3. Tomorrow
4. I Fall Down
5. Rejoice
6. I Threw A Brick Through A Window
7. Stranger In A Strange Land
8. Scarlet
9. Fire
10. With A Shout
11. Is That All?

Is That All is a piece of shit.

Which was the song off this album that The Edge himself slagged off? I remember reading something about him really despising one of the tracks on October. Saying something like "I hope I never hear that song again" or somethin like that. Or have I lost my mind?*

*This is entirely possible

Which was the song off this album that The Edge himself slagged off? I remember reading something about him really despising one of the tracks on October. Saying something like "I hope I never hear that song again" or somethin like that. Or have I lost my mind?*

*This is entirely possible

Can't it be both?

Yeah, what a bugger that was. Sending through IWF and OOC is painfully predictable.

Hang on, wait, what? I wasn't around, so you're telling me those two overplayed, overhyped, overrated piles made it over Electric Co and Cat Dubh?? That's fucked.

And yes, Is that All.

Hang on, wait, what? I wasn't around, so you're telling me those two overplayed, overhyped, overrated piles made it over Electric Co and Cat Dubh?? That's fucked.

And yes, Is that All.

TEC made it (in fact, of the three qualifiers, it had the least votes :up: ), but IWF and OOC did indeed make it over ACD. Hmpf.

Voted Is That All , just by an inch.
Stranger In Strange Land is my next vote for the 2nd round.

Cheers ,

Mauwer

TEC made it (in fact, of the three qualifiers, it had the least votes :up: ), but IWF and OOC did indeed make it over ACD. Hmpf.

Thank god for that, at least.

ACD is better than both of those by a fair distance. It's hard to listen to OOC after seven minutes of the same plodding bass line.

Oh, and I just wanted to say that you all better respect Stranger in a Strange Land during these polls.

Or I'll go all Danny on your arses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom