Best Song Survivor: Achtung Baby Round I

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axver

Vocal parasite
Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song.

Welcome to the first round for Achtung Baby in Best Song Survivor! The object of this game is to find Interference's favourite U2 song. To do so, songs will be eliminated album-by-album in 24 hour long rounds to leave the favourites to contest a final that will determine the very favourite. The top four songs from this album will proceed to the 1990s semi-finals. Only original U2 songs with official studio releases will compete. Due to dominating past tournaments and the inevitable likelihood that they will do the same this time, Where The Streets Have No Name and One are not in the tournament and can be assumed default equal #1 over and above the ultimate winner.

In the final 1980s semi-final, Gloria was eliminated. Our seven eighties finalists are New Year's Day, A Sort Of Homecoming, The Unforgettable Fire, Bad, With Or Without You, One Tree Hill, and All I Want Is You.

ORDER OF ELIMINATION
=11. Sunday Bloody Sunday
=11. Pride
10. Out Of Control
9. The Electric Co.
8. Gloria
1-7 qualified for the grand final

GRAND FINALISTS
1. New Year's Day
2. A Sort Of Homecoming
3. The Unforgettable Fire
4. Bad
5. With Or Without You
6. One Tree Hill
7. All I Want Is You

LAST ROUND'S RESULTS
33 votes: Gloria
17: One Tree Hill
9: The Unforgettable Fire
8: A Sort Of Homecoming
7: Bad, All I Want Is You
5: New Year's Day
2: With Or Without You
(Total votes: 88)

So Cruel, TTTYAATW, and Ultra Violet all blow. For this round, I'm going after TTTYAATW.

I wonder if this will be a contest between So Cruel and TTTYAATW, or if one will get mercy-ruled.

I'm sure that whichever doesn't go in this round will be swiftly mercy-ruled in the next.

I really do enjoy this entire album immensely, even Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World, but it's definitely the first to go.

And I guess I'm in the minority, because I've always loved So Cruel.

I think so cruel is one of the best songs on the album you guys are crazy. I voted love is blindness, its cool but it just doesnt do it for me.

I'm not a big fan of Ultraviolet, so that gets my vote.

There must be some mistake here. I'm sure you meant to say Acrobat or Love Is Blindness or some other song I really like!

There must be some mistake here. I'm sure you meant to say Acrobat or Love Is Blindness or some other song I really like!

Ha. We'll see about Acrobat- I may have to vote for it later on to save another- but I certainly will not be casting a vote for LIB in any round.

Knowing what this forum is like, I'd like to believe Acrobat and LIB will both probably proceed to the finals.

I'm not even going to waste my time trying to save my favorite songs from this album, so I'll just vote for Mysterious Ways from the get-go :madspit:

TTTYAATW easily. Often skipped. Although I know maybe someday I'll come back to it, as I often do with some songs. I did that with So Cruel at first and what a mistake! It's one of the better songs, I love it now.

Acrobat.

Ok, Interference. You gotta be kidding about So Cruel. What next? Levitate sucks? :huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom