Best Musical Moments on the Album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oregoropa

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Here is evidence of the vintage U2 DNA in the album.

Miracle Drug - (1:17-2:14)
Sometimes - (3:38 - 3:57)
Love & Peace - (3:58-4:21)
City of Blinding Lights - (1:45-2:00)
One Step Closer - (2:37-2:53)
Original of the Species - (3:30-3:51)

So far, the stand out moments are "can you hear me when I sing" till the final chorus in Sometimes and Edge's solo - and the build-up to it - in Love and peace or else.

Love and Peace Or Else when the guitar solo explodes full-on

To-niiiiiiiiiiight in City of Blinding Lights

The intro to Miracle Drug

and I like the doo-doos and ensuing lyrics on Original of the Species.

The scream right before the solo-part in ABOY is the best.

MD's chorus (and ending) is becoming my all-time U2 favorite.

(I tried hard last night, but was still not getting OOTS....it's like five songs in one...not flowing for me.)

I get chills everytime I hear this part in COBL:

"And I'm getting ready to leave the ground"

and it goes into the chorus.

magic.

the industrial intro of love and peace. is it by eno?
i still haven't figured out how great is miracle drug, actually i think certain parts are quite weird, 'Reason is on our side, love…' they should have better idea than just 'love....'
and between 2:17 to 2:40 there's nothing but just 'yeah...oh...yeah...oh' and boring guitar.
but 'Like the top of a new born baby’s, The songs are in your eyes, I see them when you smile.' is magical, and i like edge's singing.

Johnny_Mo said:
the industrial intro of love and peace. is it by eno?
i still haven't figured out how great is miracle drug, actually i think certain parts are quite weird, 'Reason is on our side, love…' they should have better idea than just 'love....'
and between 2:17 to 2:40 there's nothing but just 'yeah...oh...yeah...oh' and boring guitar.

All parts you mention are some of the best from the album for me. Love the "lOOooOOovee part. :drool: :drool:

Miracle Drug - the whole song. Especially the solo and the vocals after it.
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own - From "can you hear me when I sing" till the ending of the final chorus. I had tears in my eyes.
Love and Peace or Else - the ending
City of Blinding Lights - When the first chorus kicks in its full glory and the ending, after "Luckily..."
Yahweh - The beginning

The strings in 'Original Of The Species' send shivers down my spine. Apart from that, i'm unsure as yet...

... but time will tell :)

One of my favorites that hasn't been mentioned yet is the "this love is like a drop in the ocean" build-up in Yahweh. My all time favorite tho is the edge singing part after the guitar solo in miracle drug. The music and lyrics come together perfectly here and it leads us into the breathtaking chorus. That part makes the song more than just a song for me. Will be a definite highlight live.

VERTIGO
The "I can't stand the beats..." part and the intro "unos, dos tres,...catorce!"

MIRACLE DRUG
The guitar solo and The Edge singing "beneath the noise, below the din..."

SOMETIMES YOU CAN'T MAKE IT ON YOUR OWN
The "SINGGGGGGG! You're the reason I sing" part and the falsetto lines.

LOVE AND PEACE OR ELSE
The outtro when the guitar riff rises from the chaos...just wonderful :drool:

CITY OF BLINDING LIGHTS
The intro, perfect.

ALL BECAUSE OF YOU
The guitar solo with the shouts of Bono before it. WUAAAAAAHHH!

A MAN AND A WOMAN
The "soul needs beaty for a soul mate..." part.

CRUMBS FROM YOUR TABLE
The falsetto line during "You speak of signs and wonders..."

ONE STEP CLOSER
The drums of Larry during the last "one step closer to knowing...". Notice how the drums rises and goes louder along the entire song.

ORIGINAL OF THE SPECIES
The "sugar come on, show your soul..." part. There Bono is about to lose his voice, it's brilliant

YAHWEH
The "This love is like a drop in the ocean...." part. That line will become a classic line, I'm sure of that.

www.todoU2.tk

A man and a woman ( part: 2.33-2.50)
the double track of bono voice....simply lovely.

VERTIGO - that riff rocks! but its got to be "just give me what i want and no one gets hurt!"

MIRACLE DRUG - the guitar solo (right where it kicks in at 2:45) gives me chills

SYCMIOYO - "can you hear me when i sing, you're the reason i sing" onwards. tearful

LPOE - "where is the love..." 3:58 onwards

COBL - whole thing! but really 1:45 till the end of the first chorus "OH - YOU - LOOK - SO - BEAUUUUUUTIFUL - TONIGHT"

AMAAW - big fan of the feel of the whole song but pinpoint "soul needs beauty for a soul..." through to teh start of the chorus

CRUMBS - first chords and the guitar at the end from about 4:20 onwards. and i love the chrous plus the "where you live should not decide" bit in the middle into Edges guitar

OOTS - the dooh dee dooh dee bits from 3:00 "show your soul...... under controooooooool!"

YAHWEH- "love is like a drop in the ocean" build up from 2:30 through to the chorus

FAST CARS-when it dies about half way at 2:45 and then kicks in again and bono does those "Wah" bits :)

gee i think thats it

i really should have just said tracks 1-12!
pretty much sums it up

SYCMIOYO

Heeey now.. just got to let you know,
a house doesn't make a home,
don't leave me here alone...

...and it's you..

I just love the sound/melody of the chorus for "Crumbs."

First time I heard "Give me what I want, and no one gets hurrrrt," I though that's going to be a bring-the-house-down moment in concert.

My top ´4

1.Miracle Drug.
2.City og blinding lights
3.Crumbs from your table
4.sometimes you...

Last edited:
Vertigo:

Give me what I want and no one else gets hurt

Miracle drug: the solo

Sometimes: can you hear me when I SING

Love and peace: at 4:00, that build up and then BANG solo starts

COBL: when Edge's guitar kicks in at "Time..." part

ABOY: yes, the "AHHHHH" scream at 2:40 or something before the solo

Man and woman: Little sister bits (reminds me of "that girl that girl" in IALW)

Crumbs: sister Anne says dignity passes BYYYYYYY, and how low his voice goes in you ate all your friends

OOTS: can't pick just one moment

OSC: well a heart that hurts is a heart that beats , also the drums getting louder at the end

YAHWEH: not really any specific moment

Last edited:
Miracle Drug - The entire song probably the most likely to be a U2 classic, although there are others on the album.

Sometimes - The falsetto harmonies

Love and Peace - The groove

COBL - The intro is really grabbing, not as distinct and enveloping as Streets but it has the same sort of feel.

ABOY - Will get back to you on it

Man and Woman - The acoustic guitar is great. It's got this flavor to it that Ive not heard in a U2 song prior. Very Latin.

Crumbs - The vocal

OSC - Need to listen to it more, good song though

YAHWEH - Cant pick just one, great track.

Fast Cars - The bassline is just wicked.

Back
Top Bottom