Best Buy Price Mistake on U218 CD/DVD Combo Edition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Partyslammer

War Child
Just an FYI, the local Best buy here in Westminster, CA had the U2 cd/dvd edition mispriced at $13.99 and from what I understood talking to one of the sales drones, it's a huge mistake as the price should be $27.99. This mistake is in *all* Best Buys and will be corrected by the end of today at most stores so if anyone's looking for a great deal to get the slipcase version with the cd and the live Milan dvd, take advantage now!

T.B.

Well, I was at Best Buy less than a couple hours ago, and there were no problems with the pricing. Either not all of the Best Buys were affected, or they have gotten things sorted out by now.

I went and had mine priced matched at best buy. After I bought it, I realized circuit city was selling them for $18.99

I hate Circuit City. Whenever I go, I swear they pounce on me and watch me like I'm gonna steal. :angry:

I just spent a 1/2 hour at Best Buy getting them to match Circuit City's price (18.99). The Videos DVD is supposed to be $13.99...that's where the mix up occured.

Watching now...Miss Sarajevo = :drool:

Mrs. Garrison said:
well i paid 27.99 for the cd+dvd+book, did i get ripped or is that right?

That's what normal price is, but I price matched mine to Target at $19.99 since we don't have a local Circuit City (which has it at $18.99). All you have to do is print off the price from a website and bring it in to Best Buy and ask for a price match.

Here's what I finally figured out today:

There are 3 different versions.

1 - Basic "hits" CD priced on sale for about $9.99 this week at various stores.

2 - Enhanced "hits" CD in a longer jewel case with bonus music videos of many of the songs on the CD - running about $13.99 on sale.

3 - The Limited Edition package with the "hits" CD, the Milan DVD, and the lyrics/photo book - priced at approximately $27.99-$29.99.

I almost bought the second version myself by mistake, as I wanted the Limited Edition package.

Hope this helps clear up some of the confusion.

Edited to add: This reply mirrors information I just found in another CD/DVD thread on this page; probably a thread merge is in order.

Last edited:
PopDaisy said:
Here's what I finally figured out today:

There are 3 different versions.

1 - Basic "hits" CD priced on sale for about $9.99 this week at various stores.

2 - Enhanced "hits" CD in a longer jewel case with bonus music videos of many of the songs on the CD - running about $13.99 on sale.

3 - The Limited Edition package with the "hits" CD, the Milan DVD, and the lyrics/photo book - priced at approximately $27.99-$29.99.

I almost bought the second version myself by mistake, as I wanted the Limited Edition package.

Hope this helps clear up some of the confusion.

Edited to add: This reply mirrors information I just found in another CD/DVD thread on this page; probably a thread merge is in order.

Hmmm...I got the Limited Edition at Best Buy for $13.99, I've opened it now and checked. Was still $13.99 when I stopped back in tonight looking to see if they had the U218 Videos (they didn't). I don't think there is a #2, I think you are seeing U218 Videos which is in long jewel case-type packaging - I got the only one (left?) at Circuit City for $17.99.

I work at Best Buy and we had the videos priced at 13.99. I was in there earlier in the morning and saw all 3 and was confused, but i got the dvd/cd one for like $21. Gotta get the video dvd asap

Anyone have "Smile"?

Last edited:
What's the difference between the packaging of the regular and limited ed CD? I was in my local BB an hour ago, and all they had was apparently the regular CD (no indication there was a bonus DVD in there). Oh, and they had the U218 Videos DVD, too.

hibricc said:
What's the difference between the packaging of the regular and limited ed CD? I was in my local BB an hour ago, and all they had was apparently the regular CD (no indication there was a bonus DVD in there). Oh, and they had the U218 Videos DVD, too.

The cd/live milan dvd combo comes in a small hard cover book style design which is just a bit smaller than a traditional dvd slipcase. It's the same size as the HTDAAB special limited edition. The cd and dvd are housed in a plastic tray on the right inside and a book with a lot of mostly b/w photos and the lyrics and recording info to all the songs included on the cd comprises the left inside.

T.B.

onebloodonelife said:

That's what normal price is, but I price matched mine to Target at $19.99 since we don't have a local Circuit City (which has it at $18.99). All you have to do is print off the price from a website and bring it in to Best Buy and ask for a price match.

Thanks, yeah as busy as they are this time of year i think i will just let them keep their money since i hate going in there. I like the little book and the Milan DVD is killer. I wish i could say that about the cd :wink:

After dealing with trying to get deluxe editions of past U2 stuff (shopping at both Target and Circuit City), this time I decided to pre-order from Amazon.

I got the limited edition for $13.99 and with another purchase qualified for free shipping. I didn't expect to receive it for another 10 days (12/7), but it arrived today. LOVE IT!!! And I didn't pay tax either.

I got everything at Best Buy on Tuesday....and overpaid. :mad: The ad they had didn't match the prices at the register, and due to the confusion of 3 releases with similar covers the management just seemed to have decided to charge whatever the sticker price was for everything except for the Singles CD which was the only thing they clearly could identify in their own ad!

To add to my personal aggrivation, I found that my deluxe DVD/CD set had pages in it that were torn....so I decided to return today and exchange it for another, as well as get them to price match the deluxe version with the Circuit City price of $18.99 vs. the $27.99 I paid at Best Buy.

So I did the exchange after showing them the torn pages, and then ask for the price match....as well as adjustments/money back on the sale prices for the other U2 items I had paid for the day before....the ones they listed in their ad! So between yesterday and today they seemed to have cleared up the confusion and adjusted the sales prices, but got kinda snarky over the price matching....

But get this, in the end, they simply did a return on the deluxe version, adjusted the sale prices on the items I had purchased the day before......and then GAVE me the deluxe version for free. The girl just said "nice catch" on their mistake and said to have a nice day. :huh:

jeffrey k.

greety said:

Mind you, they got their chart positions on some songs wrong, so I heard :rolleyes:

Who knows what else is incorrect? :wink:

the ones I know about now are:
WOWY
US chart should be no. 1, is lsited as no 2
SYCMIOYO
UK chart should be no. 1, is listed as no 3(!)

:angry: and I disagree with Bono's WITS lyrics...

I REALLY can NOT hear
'The graVE is now a groove'

I still agree with the original intereference lyrics of
'The grain is now a groove'

:wink:

It really sucks that the U218 dvd has the saints vid from the super dome !!! :mad:

Are there any easter eggs on this dvd ?

u2trinity said:
It really sucks that the U218 dvd has the saints vid from the super dome !!! :mad:

Are there any easter eggs on this dvd ?

There are three eastern eggs, put the dvd in your computer and then type in following on your keyboard in the dvd main menu.

"damage songs bligesish" :
with makes Mary J Blige featuring on every song

"new dayish" :
this destroys the songs more, it makes Wyclef Jean on every song.

"blige and Wyclef karaoke show" :
Only blige and Wyclef on vocals, total mainsteam plastic pop warning!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom