Best album performed live

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Best Live Material

• Hat Dub

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • ATYCLB

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • Pop

Votes: 17 20.0%
  • Zooropa

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • AB

Votes: 32 37.6%
  • RandH

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • TjT

Votes: 19 22.4%
  • TuF

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • War

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Boy

Votes: 2 2.4%

• Total voters
AB, no doubt. It's one of the reasons I find the album overrated; the album versions have nothing on the live versions. :shifty:

Aygo said:
hummm... can't decide... in AB only Wild Horses, So Cruel and EBTTRT make me prefer the studio.

And why not Mysterious Ways?

"Touch me baby, I feel you comin' round..."

:rockon:

Last edited:
Wasn't it Hutdab?

Haven't heard enough live stuff really to pass judgement, but I'll say Achtung Baby just for The Fly Boston and 'Do you hear us coming Lord?'

AB for sure, but the live versions of the Ratlle and Hum tracks at Lovetown were out of this world. If the studio version of Hawkmoon 269 was like the live version it would have been one of their best songs ever!

October.

U2's best album and best album live, although this poll is flawed, because only Boy has actually been played live (every other album has had at least one song not played from it live)

Gloria was incredible live (even though I prefer the studio version), Edge doubled on guitar and piano for I Fall Down, which makes me annoyed that New Year's Day always gets the credit for it, I Threw A Brick had some really neat drumming and the godly segueway into A Day Without Me, Rejoice was the first appearance of the Les Paul and the first chance for Bono to sing a song with meaning, Fire was the hit single that worked really well live, Tomorrow was a house of fire, October proved to be a nice interlude, With A Shout provided Larry with a showcase for his skills, and Scarlet was an Adam bass solo.

liamcool said:
October.

U2's best album and best album live, although this poll is flawed, because only Boy has actually been played live (every other album has had at least one song not played from it live)

Gloria was incredible live (even though I prefer the studio version), Edge doubled on guitar and piano for I Fall Down, which makes me annoyed that New Year's Day always gets the credit for it, I Threw A Brick had some really neat drumming and the godly segueway into A Day Without Me, Rejoice was the first appearance of the Les Paul and the first chance for Bono to sing a song with meaning, Fire was the hit single that worked really well live, Tomorrow was a house of fire, October proved to be a nice interlude, With A Shout provided Larry with a showcase for his skills, and Scarlet was an Adam bass solo.

:up:

Hey, Chizip, have you noticed that thus far, posters in this thread have given October more votes than Boy, War, and UF combined have achieved on the poll? Maybe you should have included it after all! :lol:

It's odd to me to see so many people voting for Pop, since the performance of that album was one big mixed bag. Last Night on Earth, Gone, Please and Miami were spectacular live, much better than on the record, but songs like Do You Feel Loved (my personal favorite from that album), If God Will Send His Angels, Wake Up Dead Man (my second personal favorite) and Staring at the Sun never got their true live full band arrangement.

So, you can see I'm a bit frustrated with the handling Pop got on Popmart.

Achtung Baby is for sure the best album performed live. The songs were amazingly performed, especially the immensely improved ones like Mysterious Ways, Love is Blindness, Tryin' to Throw Your Arms Around the World and Zoo Station.

Although, I consider The Joshua Tree to be the album most improved live. Bullet the Blue Sky, Exit, Mothers of the Disappeared, One Tree Hill, Where the Streets Have No Name, In God's Country, With or Without You (until 1993)... it's amazing how much I can't listen to the original version anymore.

Chizip said:
doesnt necessarily mean most improved, just means which album has provided the mostest bestest live material

I believe that many votes going to POP are related to the frustration of not hearing them live very often ...

Good songs live, but in my opinion it has no chance to compare to Streets, ISHFWILF or RTSS (or WOWY ... or Exit ... or ...)

LemonMelon said:

And why not Mysterious Ways?

"Touch me baby, I feel you comin' round..."

:rockon:

you didn't understand me:giggle:
I was saying that only those 3 songs (Wild horses, EBTTRT and So Cruel) I prefer the studio versions.
Yeah, it's true, I was never a fan of EBTTRT live... The studio one remembers me the video:drool: , and it makes me have orgasms...

Streets alone puts JT up very high, but AB just have more songs that have been performed live in an awesome way.

AB wins.

Can we assume that everyone that views this thread and don't vote, would have voted for October?

Aygo said:

you didn't understand me:giggle:
I was saying that only those 3 songs (Wild horses, EBTTRT and So Cruel) I prefer the studio versions.
Yeah, it's true, I was never a fan of EBTTRT live... The studio one remembers me the video:drool: , and it makes me have orgasms...

LOL, oops. :lol:

POP Live was the spirit of what Pop was meant to be. Most of the world will only remember the series of opening events that gave the band a black eye.

I remember a band that recovered from that black eye by settling down and playing the hell out of that tour in the mid to later dates.

Hmm, I actually think I'll go with JT on this one. AB is great but what puts JT on top is how much the songs improved over the album tracks. Streets, Wowy (up until recently) RTSS, In God's Country, MOTD, EXIT kicks so much ass it's unreal, and can anyone really enjoy the BTBS album track anymore?

I also got to give a shout-out to ATYCLB. I'm not the biggest fan of the album but I think it was SO much better live. Elevation, with I very much dislike on record, was one of the highlights of the Vertigo Tour.

Back
Top Bottom