Beatles Vs U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Who are better?

• U2

Votes: 118 66.3%
  • The Beatles

Votes: 60 33.7%

• Total voters
Axver said:

How come?

It's no offence, it's a compliment if anything. You seem to know a great deal about music. That's my perception anyway :)
And I just wouldn't call it a "no-contest"...

Have you heard enough of The Beatles?

:wave: Thanks God Part III! I'm waiting for some new dance moves in Ricky Gervais's new comedy series, Extras :)

God Part III said:

It's no offence, it's a compliment if anything. You seem to know a great deal about music. That's my perception anyway :)
And I just wouldn't call it a "no-contest"...

Have you heard enough of The Beatles?

Thanks! I guess the Beatles just don't appeal to me - I've listened to a good deal by them, and I heard heaps while I was in the US (the only tolerable radio station we could get in the car was holding a Beatles marathon and it was better than listening to rap or poorly made Christian rock), and I just don't enjoy them. I tend to find their music a bit boring and I'm rarely keen on the vocals, though sometimes I do hear what I consider to be flickers of greatness.

I tend to really enjoy Beatles songs played by U2, especially Help.

OK, I get it: to be seen as having any sense of intelligence at all, you have to worship Achtung Baby and absolutely anything by the Beatles.

Gotcha. :rolleyes:

Axver said:
OK, I get it: to be seen as having any sense of intelligence at all, you have to worship Achtung Baby and absolutely anything by the Beatles.

Gotcha. :rolleyes:

There there.

We can work it out.
We can work it out.

:wink:

**I** prefer to listen to U2, I like their sound better, they are **my** favorite band. But that doesn't mean that they are the BEST band ever on an objective level. I think who your favorite is and who you think the best is can be different.

This poll is ridiculous. Of course U2 will win on a U2 fan board. But the fact that the Beatles are still getting almost 40% of the vote speaks volumes about their greatness.

Lemonfix said:
**I** prefer to listen to U2, I like their sound better, they are **my** favorite band. But that doesn't mean that they are the BEST band ever on an objective level. I think who your favorite is and who you think the best is can be different.

U2 are my favourite band because I think they're the best.

You can't compare the two. U2 are my favorite band, and as someone posted earlier, their music moves them in a certain way that perhaps the Beatles or others just don't (which I agree with also). And depending on your age group, you might not have grown up listening to The Beatles or in the period of time/era that made them the legends that they are and always will be.

I
Amour62.gif
U2 but I had to vote Beatles on this one.
Musique37.gif

Axver - How can you like Neil Finn but not The Beatles?

starvinmarvin said:
This poll is ridiculous. Of course U2 will win on a U2 fan board. But the fact that the Beatles are still getting almost 40% of the vote speaks volumes about their greatness.

Bingo.
If Creed fans had a Creed VS U2 poll on a Creed message Board
Creed would win in a landslide but that doesn't mean squat.

Had to go Beatles

Lila64 said:
Axver - How can you like Neil Finn but not The Beatles?

Because Neil has an amazing voice and writes great songs (lyrically, vocally, and musically).

I did grow up with the beatles.. literally.. Saw them on Ed Sullivan orginally etc. and Even though I loved them I've never had a band move me the way U2 does. I don't understand it so I can't explain it.
Still love the Beatles (Instant Karma just came on the radio to remind me how much I loved john lenon:wink:)
...but I was never obsessed with their music as I have been with U2...
U2
:up:

i voted for U2.

it's hard to say who is the bigger/better band. no doubt the beatles are extremely influential. however, their time has passed. U2 is more relevant to me.

I hate these Beatles Vs. U2 fights even more than the Pop Vs. ATYCLB fights.

(The Beatles and Pop win.)

Axver said:

Because Neil has an amazing voice and writes great songs (lyrically, vocally, and musically).

But Neil sounds like The Beatles lyrically, vocally, and musically....he's a bigger Beatles rip-off than Oasis. I like Neil Finn too, but he's hardly original - I'm sure he'd admit as much

Axver-
can you report a setlist from 1987 or something?

and anyway, to contribute to this thread, whilst
U2 are my favorite band, I still consider the beatles the greatest; everything u2 has done in their career plays catch-up to the beatles; it's a problem every musician encounters....u2 themselves will admit this. there's plenty of beatles tunes I don't like, but that's the way it is; it's like trying to argue that the sun is not the brightest star in our solar system.

starvinmarvin said:

But Neil sounds like The Beatles lyrically, vocally, and musically....he's a bigger Beatles rip-off than Oasis. I like Neil Finn too, but he's hardly original - I'm sure he'd admit as much

thanks for that comment starvinmarvin :hug:

By the way, I was driving home tonite and telling my 11 year old daughter about this thread. We were listening to a great song at the time, which happened to be 'Dear Prudence'. She even said she would have voted for the Beatles. And after the song ended, U2's 'One' came on the radio. Deja vu?

Last edited:
the beatles are very overrated. if u2 came in 1962 and the beatles came in 1980, then u2 would be as popular and overrated as the beatles are right now. of course, there is no such thing as being overrating u2. :wink:

Angela, you're so nice...as always

The Beatles may have been the most influential band, they were the first truly great band to make it, so that makes them very big....
I love their music, its unfair and too difficult to make a comparision...
But i have to say U2's the better band, at the studio and live
There greatness for 3 decades is unparalled in the history of music......a feat that may never be repeated

And yes, their spiritual and genius music elevates us all like no one.....

U2 is the greatest band of all time.

Back
Top Bottom