beach clip 409 IS a strokes song

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Axver said:

The Strokes are U2's youthful alteregos, like how the Dalton Brothers are U2's country alteregos.

And, in the end, all their songs sound like Coldplay because Chris Martin invented music.

Yesss...it's all making perfect sense now. I love logic :nerd:

phillyfan26 said:

I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!

429981c3.jpg

:lol: Cos we're all perplexed!

I seriously think those were all fake clips that U2 purposely threw out there, so that the real songs dont get leaked.

Zootlesque said:
I seriously think those were all fake clips that U2 purposely threw out there, so that the real songs dont get leaked.

60% of the time, it works everytime.

yeah, i think the best conclusion we've come up with so far is that it's neither strokes nor U2

btw I FREAKING LOVE YOUR SIG, ATOMICBONO!!!
hahahahah <3

Zootlesque said:

port2.jpg

You're correct, Deep Bono just revealed it all to me.

The Strokes have a song (& album) called "Is This It?" Which is what we're all asking now! DOES ANYONE ELSE FIND THAT A LITTLE FUCKIN' WEIRD???!!!???

WTF ..... ? I knew this week promised , but not like this .......
:eyebrow: :huh:

If it isn't U2 nor Strokes , who's the owner of that song ........

And please don't speak MrBrau :wink:

I have three possible theories. :eyebrow:

1. U2 played the song knowing that people might record the song. It would then become popular in U2 circles until someone realized it was a Strokes song. They did this with the intention to promote The Strokes and or the Ian Curtis movie which this song might be for.

2. U2 wanted to throw off U2 fans by playing some new songs with songs not thier's in between. If this is the case, the other songs might in fact be real.

3. Bono might have sung the song as a way of "tuning up" and decided to put it on to inspire or critique his vocals for the long night to come. U2 with Howie B used to put on records when they were short of ideas and it isn't out of the question that Bono might excercise his vocals before going in to record.

And perhaps I have a fourth...maybe Bono wanted to show off his vocals to the The Strokes tune to the band either for show or because he may duet or be involved on a version of the song that is going to be redone for the Ian Curtis movie.

:hmm:

I think its the same voice in the 409 clip just that its muffled and so that makes it less scratchy.

I used an audioeditor to remove noise from the clip to listen to it and I can say its DEF not Bono on that clip.

Could it be the clips are just part of a mix CD they were listening to that had some of their old unreleased stuff and some of other peoples stuff on it so they could get inspired?

Screwtape2 said:
I have three possible theories. :eyebrow:

1. U2 played the song knowing that people might record the song. It would then become popular in U2 circles until someone realized it was a Strokes song. They did this with the intention to promote The Strokes and or the Ian Curtis movie which this song might be for.

2. U2 wanted to throw off U2 fans by playing some new songs with songs not thier's in between. If this is the case, the other songs might in fact be real.

3. Bono might have sung the song as a way of "tuning up" and decided to put it on to inspire or critique his vocals for the long night to come. U2 with Howie B used to put on records when they were short of ideas and it isn't out of the question that Bono might excercise his vocals before going in to record.

And perhaps I have a fourth...maybe Bono wanted to show off his vocals to the The Strokes tune to the band either for show or because he may duet or be involved on a version of the song that is going to be redone for the Ian Curtis movie.

:hmm:

5. Bono likes listening to music.

I'll bet Bono's yucking it up with all his doorman buddies right now...

(Seinfeld number 3!)

phillyfan26 said:
I'll bet Bono's yucking it up with all his doorman buddies right now...

(Seinfeld number 3!)

This thread's become one big Poppy stain :grumpy:

While dancing around in a feather boa, taking swigs of Stoli and recording his vocal stylings over the top of "Can't Get You Out of My Head" to be blasted out the front door tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom