Band Aid 20 Video

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

enajh2

Refugee
I'm recording the video on BBC1 right now ;) Bono is in it :)

I need someone to say I can take down my Radio 1 interview and performance mp3s from my website??? If so, I'll put it up as soon as I can.

Alan

Thanks! The song is not as painful when accompanied by the video...

And the little snippets of Bono certainly helped the situation! :wink:

You know seeing the video I liked it more, apart from the chris martin to bono part, the rest I thought it pretty much sucked, hope it grows on me

And The Darkness guitar solos really suck!!

I've sent a mail to Dave Gorman about sending him my VideoCD MPEG1 file of this clip (56Mb) with the intention of getting a torrent going ;)

I quite like it! :reject: :D

Alan

Bono sounds terrible on it, I would have preferred him not to have sung on it, cos when he sang on the original it was a different class.

really a terrible song, but it's for a good cause which is all that matters.

at least thom and jonny were in it, though jonny's guitar part sounded more than a little out of place...

Zoomerang96 said:
really a terrible song, but it's for a good cause which is all that matters.

at least thom and jonny were in it, though jonny's guitar part sounded more than a little out of place...

Yeah I thought that. How come Thom Yorke never sang on it?

enajh2 said:
I've sent a mail to Dave Gorman about sending him my VideoCD MPEG1 file of this clip (56Mb) with the intention of getting a torrent going ;)

I quite like it! :reject: :D

Alan

Hmm, not sure why I missed your e-mail. If ya could PM me with a private link to the file, I'll torrent it! :)

rjhbonovox said:

Yeah I thought that. How come Thom Yorke never sang on it?

he's way too elitist... :wink:

seriously though, they never gave him any lines. at least justin hawkins got lots of exposure. the darkness also provided some most incredible guitar solo's that really suited the song and didn't seem at all out of place considering it's 2004.

gorman said:

Hmm, not sure why I missed your e-mail. If ya could PM me with a private link to the file, I'll torrent it! :)

I've started a Yousendit upload....so you should get it some time next week!! :laugh: ;) You should receive an email with the link, sent to your modblog address.

I'm still on MSN don't forget :)

Alan

Last edited:
i would only really want that dvd set for U2 and Queen, it just seems like the rest of the bands are kind of really dated?

That video is worse than the song, no doubt. The whole 'lets all watch a starving child on telly and show our emotions bit' is one of the most painful few seconds of a musical video EVER. And I don't mean in the way it is intended.

Plus, Bono's bit. So, so bad. He looks like a drunk, fat, 60 year old man..

it was a terrible terrible song but I loved Chris Martin, Dido, Sir Paul and off course Bono (I always love Bono)
thanks for the link to the video :wink:

AtomicLemon said:
Bono recorded his seperately? I didn't see him at the end in the group shots

Yes, he did. He arrived to re-record his line later that evening. By which time the other 'artists' had gone.

The ones who sang individual parts were like statues not feeling the song but more concerned with carrying a tune.

Chris Martin has no mic and he was just acting. His piano bits were nothing special - more of annoying.

During the group portions, they looked like they were having a picnic.

Only Bono was the one who sang with feelings and closed his eyes to feel the song.

Bono stuck out like a sore thumb. Bono was the only real singer there. The rest were hacks.

Cheers,

J

Back
Top Bottom