Are You Gonna Wait Forever Appreciation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't know that I'd take it over any of those tunes, however I must say that is one awesome tune. Great Edge-work. And a wonderful lyric. A truly great summer time song. Enjoy it while you can ;)

Peace.

Re: Re: Are You Gonna Wait Forever Appreciation

Hallucination said:

It is a good song but there's no way I'd take it over the songs you mentioned. I'd take it over Man and a Woman though.

AMAAW is a very good song that is unfairly disliked on this forum. I wouldn't lose it for AYGWF. AYGWF does what ABOY wanted to do, only better. It's more interesting than Yahweh or COBL, and it's more original than MD. All imo of course.

Re: Re: Re: Are You Gonna Wait Forever Appreciation

namkcuR said:

AMAAW is a very good song that is unfairly disliked on this forum. I wouldn't lose it for AYGWF. AYGWF does what ABOY wanted to do, only better. It's more interesting than Yahweh or COBL, and it's more original than MD. All imo of course.

AMAAW sounds like it should've been on ATYCLB. I like the song but to me it doesn't fit on HTDAAB.

i really like are you gonna wait forever.
i don't like a man and a woman (or miracle drug).
but i have come to realize that the songs they put on that record are the right ones. put them all together and they mean something.
i'm fine with are you gonna wait forever as a b-side. in this day and age it doesn't matter what is on the record, if you are a fanatic, you can get all the tunes one way or another....

are you gonna wait forever is a nice track...it is probably better than ABOY, which I despise...but no way in hell is it better than MD, yahweh, or cobl (and i really dont like cobl all that much...well, at least the album version)

It starts off promising, but really its a typical b-side song that goes nowhere, although the chorus is quite good ("rock by numbers" is how I'd describe this song).

I loved this song, it blow me away on first listen, i think i over played it too much, but still great tune, up there with Always for best b-side

I love this song and i wish it had found a place on the album. It seems like so many B-sides have a looser, more fun vibe than a lot of the album material - thinking Sweetest Thing, Salome, Holy Joe here- and I wish they would show that a little more.

Also, AMAAW could never be unfairly disliked. It just so incredibly awful that I actually, wishfully, hope it'll be left off future pressings.

Good tune. Love the guitar riff!

Every tune on HTDAAB is better though. The perfect B-side, like Lady With A Spinning Head or Spanish Eyes.

I want to appreciate this, too. It's very good. To all of you who thinks that U2 never borrows anything from anyone try to listen to the guitar riff and then to some of John Lennon's solo work :giggle:

:up: fantastic song, cant say i would have wanted it to replace anything on the actual album, but a fine U2 song anyway :)

Yeah, this song is definitely awesome (better than AMAAW). One of their top ten best b-sides IMO. Fast Cars though... now THAT'S probably the best b-side ever!

AYGWF is ok.
It seems like a seed that never blossomed.
How you could take it over Miracle Drug is beyond me!
A Man and a Woman is so beat down on Interference I don't understand it.
Great song. Could have been on ATYCLB for sure but it isn't bad. Maybe slightly out of place is all.
ALWAYS is one of the best B-sides ever. Haven't had a real good b-side in a long while.

Better than ABOY, i love this song.

Note: It was produced by Eno and Lanois :)

MrBrau1 said:
Good tune. Love the guitar riff!

Every tune on HTDAAB is better though. The perfect B-side, like Lady With A Spinning Head or Spanish Eyes.

exactly. very good song, though. Love the ending ("Or is it Now??")

Great guitar playing too, although I always think of Nirvanna when I hear it.

Back
Top Bottom